EMPLOYER: Little League Canada
Page 1 of 2
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR JOB POSTING
Little League Baseball Canada is seeking a bilingual individual in the capacity of Office Administrator, to assist and support the Administrative Coordinator
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, start time is negotiable. Possibility of full-time hours during peak baseball season, April 1st through to August 31st.
The Office Administrator assists in the daily administrative operations of the Canadian Headquarters. The Administrator perform a variety of activities including filing, answering the phone, shipping & receiving, and bookkeeping.
The Office Administrator must be able to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations. The successful candidate will be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills in both English and French.
• Maintain files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
• Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail (envelopes, packages, etc.)
• Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
• Utilize office equipment such as copier, printers etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation etc.;
• Undertake basic bookkeeping tasks such as the issuance of invoices, creating reports, processings payroll and issue payments through the use QuickBooks, Sage or other similar programs
• Record minutes of meetings
• Monitor inventory of office supplies (paper clips, stationery etc.) and other items and report any shortages
• Assist in making travel arrangements and booking venues for conferences and events
• Perform other office duties as assigned
• Knowledge and experience in bookkeeping
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both official language
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
Minimum 2 years post-secondary school education
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Fluently bilingual in English and French (both written and verbal)
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and take direction in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to make decisions effectively, working independently with minimal supervision
• Sound judgement, interpersonal skills and professionalism
• Strong organizational skills Excellent proof-reading skills and attention to detail
• Ability to interact diplomatically and professionally while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
• Valid provincial drivers license
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Nights and weekends throughout the year may be required.
• Must be capable of occasional lifting (up to 40 pounds).
START DATE: 09/26/2019