EMPLOYER: Waste Management
Under general supervision, a Container Welder with WM applies appropriate welds to fabricate or repair compactors, containers and carts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes to compactors, containers and carts within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems on compactors
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers, completing dodumentation utilizing fleet maintenance software program to tract parts usage repair times
- May conduct service calls for compactor repairs
- Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts
- Works from prints, drawings and verbal instructions
- Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with WM safety and OSHA Standards
- Must be 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada with a valid SIN
- Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing and soft soldering on a variety of materials
- Two years previous experience
- Valid G Class driver’s license
- Knowledge of appropriate safety procedures and practices
- Skill in operating required welding tools and equipment
- Ability to perform repairs on a variety of materials
- Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software programs
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, submit your application and complete our phone screen, so we can get you booked in for an interview!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
START DATE: 10/28/2019