EMPLOYER: Access Healthcare Services Inc.
A graduate of a recognized Personal Support Worker training program, and preferably has had previous on the job experience in a long-term care or community setting. Responsible for hands on care; and for complying with AHCSI policies and procedures, and the Provincial Regulatory Acts; as per contract obligations to CCAC.
- Assist clients with bathing (partial, complete, tub, or shower)
- Assist clients with oral hygiene, hair care, dressing, and all activities of daily living
- Assist clients with ambulation, transferring, and positioning in bed or chair
- Assist with physio exercises, ROM, etc. as per therapist’s care plan
- Assist clients with feeding and light meal preparation
- Perform light housekeeping duties as per service plan
- Make/change clients bedding as required
- Assist clients with toileting or incontinence care
- Measure and record intake and output
- Collect urine and stool specimens
- Assist and/or remind client to take medication. DO NOT administer medication.
- Report any changes in health condition, or safety risks to immediate supervisor
- Document as per AHCSI policies
- Perform delegated tasks, specific to each client; delegated by nurse or immediate supervisor
- Graduate certificate or diploma in Personal Support Services from a recognized institute
- Current level “C” CPR certification
- Bilingual in French and English preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation would be considered a great asset
- Must be able to provide clear background check with vulnerable sector screening
START DATE: 12/02/2019