EMPLOYER: Resolute center
Coding and Robotics Instructor Advanced
Resolute center is looking for part-time instructors to teach Python, C#, GO, and Java computer coding and/or Arduino Robotics to children between the ages 10-19. Instructors will teach coding based on Resolute curriculum, and implement various Arduino based projects.
We have classes run on both weekdays (4:00pm-8:30pm) and weekends (9:00am-12:00pm). Instructors teach anywhere from 5 to 20 hours a week, depending on availability and our class schedule.
Before entering the classroom, new teachers need to know and able to implement Resolute curriculum.
We teach using:
- Beginner to Intermediate coding using Python, C#, GO, and Java for children in upper elementary and secondary grades;
- Lego Robotics (Arduino based projects);
- Problem solving and logic.
Successful candidates are either:
- public and private school teachers who are looking to add STEM and computer programming and/or robotics as part of their portfolio of subject expertise; or
- professional software developers/engineers who enjoy passing knowledge to kids.
Passion for education and experience working with kids are more important to us than pure coding/robotics knowledge. We especially welcome teachers with experience working upper elementary and high-school students.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour
Work Location: Kanata, ON
Working days: TBD
Hours per week: Less than 15
Typical start time: 4:00PM (Weekdays) 9:00AM (Weekends)
Typical end time: 8:30PM (Weekdays) 12:00PM (Weekends)
START DATE: 01/06/2020