EMPLOYER: Value Village
The purpose of this position is to:
- Process, assign a value to, and place on the sales floor all Furniture/OLI items in order to achieve the most effective sale of the items, and to actively engage customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Customer Engagement:
- Provides customers with fast, friendly, and helpful service
- Answers customers’ questions or takes the responsibility to find answers for customers
- Makes eye contact, smiles, and proactively greets and assists customers on the sales floor
Continually Inspecting Items:
- Inspects Furniture/OLI items for sellability
- Recycles or discards any unsellable items
- Backstocks items as directed.
80% Assessing Quality & Condition/Tagging:
- Inspects and tests furniture to determine condition
- Assesses quality using knowledge of stock levels, seasonal needs, and brand names
- Uses a swiftacher to attach tags to items.
80% Determining Value/Creating Price Tickets:
- Uses condition/quality assessments to assign a value to an item and records the category and price/value in the ticketing machine
- Places the appropriate sticker tags on items
- Marks items with a price code when applicable
- Maintains the Furniture/OLI department which includes straightening and returning items to their appropriate places
- Keeps the department organized, easily shoppable, and properly merchandised according to standards.
- Brings items from the sales floor to the production room to be discarded or recycled when the items have gone through the designated color tag cycle or as directed
- Evaluates trends in recycle items (e.g., what is and is not selling) and shares findings with direct supervisor
25% Rolling Carts/Moving Items:
- Pushes carts or uses a hand truck to place newly priced Furniture/OLI items onto the sales floor and put them in the proper place
- Continuously moves items on the sales floor for the best utilization of space within the department.
25% Production Support:
- Assists with recycler responsibilities as needed, including, but not limited to supplying all departments with merchandise throughout the day, keeping production flowing, moving sorted merchandise from the sorting tables to individual workstations, providing ample supply of hangers for sorting table and side departments, emptying recycle and trash barrels as needed, moving backstock boxes, bins and barrels as needed, preparing the production room for the following day, and unloading merchandise from trucks and trailers
- May be required to operate trash compactor, baler, and/or forklift
As needed Workstation:
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the Furniture/OLI workstation for safety and the most efficient production possible
Continually Meeting Targets:
- Regularly meets processing targets as assigned by production manager
- Meets with production manager to review results and discuss opportunities in the department, and makes changes as directed to improve sales
Continually Loss Prevention:
- Follows loss prevention procedures, including but not limited to reporting internal or external theft to a management team member.
- Provides our customers and team members with a hazard-free, inviting environment by following safety guidelines and procedures. This includes picking up loose items on the floor quickly, cleaning up breakages or spills, following product safety guidelines, and taking the responsibility to report these or any other hazard or injury to a management team member. Wears required personal protective equipment when applicable.
- Continually Percentage of time for these areas may vary according to the primary area of responsibility.
START DATE: 01/29/2020