Because We Care About Your Journey. Voyago is currently recruiting for a Patient Transfer Attendants in Ottawa, Ontario.
Voyago is a dynamic company, which is committed to hiring only the best employees in order to maintain our distinct presence in the transportation industry. With a growing demand for transportation services, Voyago has diversified itself and operates in four business segments, which include: Medical Transportation, Conventional and Para Transit, School Bussing and Charters, and Checker Limousine.
With a large emphasis on training and orientation, Voyago dedicates itself to supporting the growth of our employees by allowing them to develop the necessary skills in order to be successful. We provide our employees the necessary training tools in order to service our customers and clients more effectively. We remain true to our traditional family owned and operated values through our value added services, commitment to our community and our continued services provided by our long term standing employees. We are pleased to be recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers.
Patient transfer attendants are responsible for the safe transport of patients via stretcher/wheelchair to/from a healthcare facility, nursing home, or private residence, while providing outstanding customer service.
The ideal candidates will posses the following qualifications that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be able to read and communicate in English effectively.
- Valid Emergency First Responder, or AEMCA, or working towards a Paramedic Diploma (finished year 1) or Firefighter.
- Valid CPR and First Aid (Level C).
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and outside regular hours of operation, including on call shifts.
- Valid G class driving license.
- Ability to lift 250+ lbs. using a stretcher or stair chair with partner.
- Posses clean driving record and provide a copy for personal file.
- Must provide a copy of a Police Vulnerable Sector check.
- Current immunization records.
Why work for us?
- 19.40$/hour wage
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture
- Ability to work with a variety of patients
- Extensive orientation and ongoing support
- Employee recognition
- PERFECT beginning of your career in a HEALTHCARE field
- Opportunities to own your own Medical Transportation Company are available!
Sounds interesting? Please send your resume and salary expectations directly to Trudy Skinner, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or through our website www.vworx.ca. Voyago is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted.
START DATE: Immediate