EMPLOYER: Impressions Group Ottawa Inc.
Company and Position Description
Impressions Group Ottawa is looking for an experienced individual to fulfill the role of Landscape Interlocking. The ideal candidate has at least 3 years’ experience Interlocking, has leadership qualities, capable of working unsupervised and overseeing job progression while Foreman is absent.
More specifically, you will be accountable for:
- Assist in the preparation of job sites prior to the beginning of a project
- Operate various tools and equipment used to complete masonry job duties, including: Lay brick, concrete blocks, stone, and other similar hardscape materials to construct or repair walkways, pool decks, patios, driveways and other landscape structures.
- Perform stone masonry, prefabricated brickwork and masonry, foundation walls, arch work and decorative masonry
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry materials
- Build patios, garden/retaining walls, and other decorative installations
- Face, size, cut, and lay stones
- Assist in building and dismantling forms used for pouring concrete
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to perform work activities
- Complete and submit daily paperwork
- Wear appropriate PPE at all times. Ensure any laborers/crew members also equipped with appropriate PPE.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner.
Other desirable attributes include:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the landscape/construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Must have valid drivers license and own transportation
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
START DATE: 09/14/2020