EMPLOYER: Weatherhaven Global Resources
Weatherhaven is a leading provider of re-deployable shelters, camp and systems for remote sites around the world. The company engineers, manufactures and installs customer shelter systems for a wide variety of commercial, military and medical applications. With strategic partnerships in many countries and manufacturing facilities on three continents, the company has grown from being a dominant Canadian domestic supplier to providing shelter systems and installations on all seven continents and deployments in more than 50 countries. Weatherhaven's international operations span Canada, the UK, the USA, Australia, Peru, Brazil and South Africa. More information can be found at www.weatherhaven.com
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of projects or programs to ensure that the requirements of the contract are met w1thm the approved budget and schedule. The Project Manager creates plans, schedules, budgets, authorizations for design and manufacturing work; performs cost and schedule control and reporting; and resolves problems and issues in support of the execution of programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages projects and/or programs with medium-to-high risk, complexity and change management, or multiple small to medium programs.
• Develops, monitor and control project and/or program execution schedule, including monitoring of Project Managers, line department and Subcontractor performance to schedule; identifying in a timing manner inefficiencies, roadblocks and priority conflicts
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of projects and/or programs and scope, and maintains adequate records
• Performs cost monitoring and control of projects and/or programs, monitoring design and production progress, tracking & supporting problem resolution activities and developing progress reports relative to the budget, schedule, and risk
• Ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring receivables for projects and/or programs.
• Ensures the implementation of Project and/or Program Quality Plans with specific regard to meeting customer technical, performance, testing & certification requirements
• Prepare Work Authorization Documents for Subcontracts, including thoroughly communicating scope of work, budget and schedule to other departments within the Company or to Subcontractors
• Monitors activities of Project and/or Program Engineering staff, contractors assigned to projects and/or programs, and Subcontractors
• Utilizes data compiled from financial and parts databases to develop formal reports on Cost and Schedule Control following Earned Value Management System principles
• Investigates and resolves issues related to project and/or program quality documentation in conjunction with Quality Manager, Engineering Manager and Manufacturing Manager
• Support the Sales team in new Request For Proposals and/or Request For Quotes by for new business opportunities
• Manage and estimate Additional Work Requests (AWR) and contract changes for existing projects/programs
• Participate in full cycle preparation of tender submissions, conceptual estimates and project schedules for review
• Obtain, review and compile subcontractor quotations. Advise of changes in subcontractor information for file update
• Prepare initial cost summary for project
• Provide technical assistance on negotiating contracts
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Through knowledge of formal program management methods, processes, procedures, techniques and tools - initiation-planning-execution-closure, Earned Value, Critical Path, MS Program, different stages of planning, risk & issue assessment, requirements analysis, estimating & costing, business benefit realization, business case ownership, and program controls.
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Familiarity with program management tools (i.e. MS Program).
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING):
• University degree or college diploma in the field of Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related field as a minimum.
• Over 8 years of direct work experience in a program management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Program Management Professional Certifications (PMP) is an asset.
• Competent and proficient understanding of platforms, such as MRP systems is an asset.
• Solid working knowledge of current Internet and Intranet technologies.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
START DATE: 26/10/2020