EMPLOYER: Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
INFORMATION SECURITY ADVISOR
Reference number: 3293-CSE(OC)2020
Closing Date: 2021-03-31
The start date is inaccurate. The start date will be determined by the length of time it takes to complete security check/clearance.
About the Job
Communications Security Establishment (CSE) is Canada's national cryptologic agency. Unique within Canada's security and intelligence community, CSE employs code-makers, codebreakers, and secure system creators to provide the Government of Canada with information technology security (IT Security) and foreign signals intelligence (SIGINT) services. CSE is the national hub for cyber operations to defend Canada and advance national interests, and provides technical and operational assistance to federal law enforcement and security agencies.
CSE is currently looking for Information Security (INFOSEC) Advisor to work in a dynamic and innovative operational environment. As an INFOSEC Advisor, you will be providing cyber security advice and guidance to clients of CSE, designing and developing secure solutions, and reviewing product and solution assessments according to security risk management principles.
We are looking for individuals who are curious to learn new technology, possess great communication skills when faced with solving a problem, enjoy collaborating with others (partners and colleagues) to deliver exceptional services, and highly self-motivated to address various challenges and balance conflicting priorities.
Salaries range from $83,250.00 to $105,060.00, depending on the level. These positions are currently eligible for a market allowance ranging from $11,000.62 to $12,103.35.
All jobs are in Ottawa, Ontario. This selection process will be used to staff positions within the Edward Drake Building (1929 Ogilvie Road) and the Cyber Centre (1625 Vanier Parkway).
Various language requirements (English Essential or BBB/BBB)
You must clearly demonstrate in your application how you meet these required qualifications:
You must have either one of the following:
- A University degree in a field related to the position, such as (but not limited to): Computer Science, and Engineering,
- A College diploma in a field related to the position (as above),
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in an IT field related to the position (as above).
The educational program must be recognized in Canada and you must be able to provide proof of education credentials. Students graduating within the next twelve (12) months are eligible to apply.
Experience in designing, creating, testing, or deploying IT security solutions.
Experience in designing, analysis, planning, development and/or implementation of IT programs, projects, or technical systems.
Experience in advising and presenting briefings to clients, peers, and management in IT.
- Knowledge of Information Management (IM)/Information Technology (IT) Architecture
Knowledge and ability to apply architecture theories, principles, concepts, practices, methodologies, and frameworks to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Knowledge of Information Technology (IT) Security
The ability to predict, detect, and respond to anomalous network activity.
- Knowledge of Information Technology
Possesses a generalist’s knowledge of all areas in IT, including but not limited to: Software Application Development, Database Management, IT Security, IT Architecture, System Administration.
- Risk Management
Systematic process of identifying and analyzing or measuring potential risks
Effectively plan, organize & manage their time & activities to deliver high quality & efficient performance.
- Interactive Communication
Communicating in a compelling, honest, persuasive, effective, and articulate manner, thinking about who you need to communicate with, ensuring the message is clear, understood & consistent with CSE objectives.
- Working in a Team
Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills & working cooperatively and effectively within & across organizational units to achieve common goals.
Build relationships with traditional & non-traditional partners & stakeholders to develop solutions that reflect the interests of the organization.
- Change and Innovation
Create a culture where flexibility & openness to new ideas are encouraged. Lead transformation with courage & conviction.
- Have no criminal record
- Be a Canadian Citizen (dual citizens included)
- Be eligible for a Top Secret security clearance
- Be willing to comply with CSE’s own security policies and standards
You should clearly demonstrate in your application any specialized expertise that apply to you, as it will be used to determine best fit within CSE.
- Experience in network virtualization, cloud technologies and/or cryptography.
- Experience in Identity and Access Management.
- Experience writing or working with Threat and Risk Assessments.
- Experience in product testing and evaluation.
- Security-related system management of either Windows or Linux server(s) or workstation (including VMs).
- Security configuration of enterprise telecommunications / unified communications platforms and/or enterprise networking (e.g. Cisco, Juniper).
- Experience with security protocols (e.g. TLS, HTTPS, IPSec, IKE), communications protocols (e.g. VoIP/SIP, REST interfaces, RCP, TCP streaming) and/or analysis tools (Wireshark, tcpdump, SIPp, etc.).
- Experience in component hardening and/or writing/editing component hardening guides.
- Evaluating and testing of IT security products against security requirements (e.g. Common Criteria, FIPS 140-2, High Assurance standards).
- Obtained CISSP certification.
How to Apply
For additional information and to apply please go to:
START DATE: 06/01/2022