EMPLOYER: Community Navigation of Eastern Ontario
Community Navigation of Eastern Ontario (CNEO), provider of 211 services, is a non-profit community agency that offers Information and Referral services. 211 is an easy to remember, non-emergency telephone number that connects callers to a full range of community, social, government and health services in Ontario.
Come join a small team who works together to make lives better every day.
We are presently looking for someone who will spend their work load as both a Bilingual Resource Specialist and a Translator. This candidate would report to the Data Manager.
The ideal candidate for this position will require:
- An excellent fluency in English and French, written and spoken
- Ability to perform English to French (important) and French to English translations
- Strong technical and computer skills including all softwares within Microsoft Office, as well as skills such as writing, editing and researching
- Experience with Memsource is considered an asset
- Have college and/or university experience (completed or in progress)
- Have some office experience (either clerical and/or administrative)
The Bilingual Resource Specialist/Translator is responsible for updating, editing, creating and maintaining database records in accordance with current data standards. They are responsible for high quality translation of records (English to French) and ensuring consistency, clarity and accuracy within the database.
They will also be responsible to support the translation of various documents, including social media posts, reports, communications, etc. as requests come in.
Key areas of responsibility
- Input of data received from various organizations or agencies
- Translation and verification of bilingual database record information (mainly English to French)
- Liaising with agencies to gather and verify record information including programs offered, areas served and all other pertinent details
- Research of new services or programs and record creation for the database
- Updating the database so that the database remains current, accurate and adheres to professional standards
- Translation of various documents as required
- Various administrative tasks and other office related duties (ex: proofreading documents, creation of interactive maps and seasonal lists, etc.)
- Direct applications to email@example.com
- Enter email subject field as followed: BRS_(Your First Name)_(Your Last Name)
- Only fluently bilingual candidates (English and French) with advanced French qualifications will be considered
- Cover letter demonstrating ability to fill the role and availabilities required
- Full-time work between Monday and Friday (35 hours per week)
- Contract starting as soon as possible and ending on August 27th, 2021
- $19.37 per hour
START DATE: 04/12/2021