EMPLOYER: Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
Start date is approximate depends on time required for security clearance.
Various language requirements (English Essential or BBB/BBB)
You must clearly demonstrate in your application how you meet these required qualifications:
You must have either one of the following:
- A University degree in a field related to the position, such as (but not limited to): Computer Science, and Engineering,
- A College diploma in a field related to the position (as above),
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in an IT field related to the position (as above).
The educational program must be recognized in Canada and you must be able to provide proof of education credentials. Students graduating within the next twelve (12) months are eligible to apply.
Experience in designing, creating, testing, or deploying IT security solutions.
Experience in designing, analysis, planning, development and/or implementation of IT programs, projects, or technical systems.
Experience in advising and presenting briefings to clients, peers, and management in IT.
- Knowledge of Information Management (IM)/Information Technology (IT) Architecture
Knowledge and ability to apply architecture theories, principles, concepts, practices, methodologies, and frameworks to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Knowledge of Information Technology (IT) Security
The ability to predict, detect, and respond to anomalous network activity.
- Knowledge of Information Technology
Possesses a generalist’s knowledge of all areas in IT, including but not limited to: Software Application Development, Database Management, IT Security, IT Architecture, System Administration.
- Risk Management
Systematic process of identifying and analyzing or measuring potential risks
Effectively plan, organize & manage their time & activities to deliver high quality & efficient performance.
- Interactive Communication
Communicating in a compelling, honest, persuasive, effective, and articulate manner, thinking about who you need to communicate with, ensuring the message is clear, understood & consistent with CSE objectives.
- Working in a Team
Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills & working cooperatively and effectively within & across organizational units to achieve common goals.
Build relationships with traditional & non-traditional partners & stakeholders to develop solutions that reflect the interests of the organization.
- Change and Innovation
Create a culture where flexibility & openness to new ideas are encouraged. Lead transformation with courage & conviction.
- Have no criminal record
- Be a Canadian Citizen (dual citizens included)
- Be eligible for a Top Secret security clearance
- Be willing to comply with CSE’s own security policies and standards
You should clearly demonstrate in your application any specialized expertise that apply to you, as it will be used to determine best fit within CSE.
- Experience in network virtualization, cloud technologies and/or cryptography.
- Experience in Identity and Access Management.
- Experience writing or working with Threat and Risk Assessments.
- Experience in product testing and evaluation.
- Security-related system management of either Windows or Linux server(s) or workstation (including VMs).
- Security configuration of enterprise telecommunications / unified communications platforms and/or enterprise networking (e.g. Cisco, Juniper).
- Experience with security protocols (e.g. TLS, HTTPS, IPSec, IKE), communications protocols (e.g. VoIP/SIP, REST interfaces, RCP, TCP streaming) and/or analysis tools (Wireshark, tcpdump, SIPp, etc.).
- Experience in component hardening and/or writing/editing component hardening guides.
- Evaluating and testing of IT security products against security requirements (e.g. Common Criteria, FIPS 140-2, High Assurance standards).
- Obtained CISSP certification.
How to Apply
Please include two references (2 supervisors) at the bottom of your application. Failure to do so will result in your application being screened out of the selection process.
If you cannot apply online or have a disability preventing you from applying online, please inform us by contacting email@example.com prior to the closing date.
What to Expect
- A written test will be administered to candidates who successfully pass the application review. It will be used as a screening tool. Make sure to check your spam/junk mailbox regularly for notification of the test.
- Interview(s) will follow for candidates who are successful on the written test. You can request that the process be conducted in the official language of your choice. CSE offers an assessment process which will accommodate any measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Those measures are available to all candidates for further assessment. Related information received will be addressed confidentially. If you may need such accommodation, please advise us.
- References will only be contacted for candidates who have successfully completed the interview(s).
- Candidates will be required to complete the security process as part of the global assessment, which involves a security interview, a polygraph test, a psychological assessment, and a background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications. Information regarding this process can be found on CSE's website.
The entire selection process – tests, interviews, security investigation – may take more than one year to complete.
If you are deemed to be unsuccessful in the assessment process for this particular selection process, you may reapply in twelve (12) months.
START DATE: 04/30/2022