EMPLOYER: Ottawa Safety Council
Canada Summer Jobs Youth Employment Initiative
Cycle / Pedestrian Safety - Assistant Coordinator
Ottawa Safety Council is a local non-profit organization who works with community partners to deliver best-in-class road safe services, training and awareness programs to guide communities to road safety, no
matter how traveled.
Ottawa Safety Council seeks a seasonal full-time youth for an 8-week summer position to lead the coordination and delivery of Bike education to elementary aged children in Ottawa. This a position funded by Canada Summer Jobs 2021.The ideal candidate will be the lead to deliver high energy, engaging, kid friendly programs. The individual will be responsible for general maintenance, transportation and set up of all materials.
The Bike Rodeo Jr. Coordinator will work under the supervision of the School Zone Safety Manager and CycleSafe Coordinator and contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively ensuring that the Ottawa Safety Council bike rodeos are scheduled and conducted in a professional, approachable and quality manner.
The individual will take the lead on delivering the bike rodeos which may occur in the evenings or during the weekends. The individual must be physically able to instruct students and collaborate with the community in writing and verbally in English. They will promote CycleSafe to elementary schools and community organizations through social media promote the program and promote individual bike rodeos.
The individual must know how to safely operate a bicycle and is ideally a cycling enthusiast.
Ottawa Safety Council welcomes and encourages applications from youth between the ages of 15-30. This is a Canada Summer Jobs Youth Employment opportunity and is a full-time, 8 week placement. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
• Customer focus
• Logistical skill
• Team work
• Time management
• Adaptability / flexibility
• Creative and innovative thinking
• Decision making and judgement
• Risk management
• Ethics and integrity
- Deliver bike rodeo education in the Ottawa community;
- In collaboration with the Cycle Safe Coordinator, promote the Bike Rodeo program throughout the community; at various events, farmers markets, schools, trade shows
- Attend community events on behalf of the Ottawa Safety Council promoting our Cycling programs (Bike Rodeos)
- Schedule Bike Rodeos
- Manage the inventory of bike rodeo kits
- Collaborate with and mentor Bike Rodeo facilitators
- English essential, French an asset.
- Secondary School Diploma preferable
- MS Office applications
- Comfortable representing the organization to the public at various community events
- Available for some evening and various week-end community events
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Physically capable of delivering bike rodeos, riding a bicycle
- Cycling enthusiast ideal
- Ideally has access to a car
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy at 30 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use a bicycle and a computer
- Local travel is required
- May require occasional weekend or evening work
We would like to thank all Applicants for their interest. We are an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources Coordinator if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process. We will work with Applicants to accommodate all accessibility needs.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online at https://ottawasafetycouncil.recruitee.com/o/cycling-and-pedestrian-safety-assistant-coordinator, where they will complete the applicant questionnaire and may upload their cover letter and resume. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will not be accepting in-person applications at this time. Should you require an alternate application method, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call Erin Welch at 613-238-1513 ext. 231. Deadline for applications is 11:59 p.m. May 28, 2021.
START DATE: 06/01/2021