EMPLOYER: Commissionaires Ottawa
We are currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent Application Developer to join our team working from our Ottawa office.
The Application Developer will contribute to the development of a hybrid Azure cloud platform to process security screening data by building new features and capabilities to enhance the value and usability of the content. In addition, these features and capabilities will facilitate the management and administration of the content by Commissionaires staff and its affiliates and ensure the ongoing reliability, security, and authenticity of the platform and its content.
Reporting to the Project Manager Strategic Partnerships Background Screening (PMSPBS) and working with the other members of the platform team, the Application Developer designs, implements, tests, deploys and maintains tools and features for both internal staff and public end users. The Application Developer engages in a range of cloud based development activities, with a particular focus on front-end tools, features and interfaces, h internal and public-facing. The Application Developer also designs and develops data structures, APIs and middleware for the administration, manipulation, discovery, and retrieval of digital content.
The Application Developer is an active member of a dedicated platform team operating within an agile framework. The Application Developer collaborates with the team and various stakeholders to define and scope projects, gather and elaborate requirements, and execute project plans.
Some of your responsibilities include…
- Collaborate with the “Platform” Team to set specifications for new applications
- Write, troubleshoot and debug applications and document software to meet functional requirements and specifications
- Assist the PMSPBS to analyze functional requirements and develop technical specifications.
- Design software and data structures based on requirements and specifications.
- Research software development tools and practices for integration with the overall development direction of the organization
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Technical project support: implementation, solution testing, user acceptance testing, and support for customer onboarding
- Responsible for gathering functional requirements, gap analysis, functional specifications, testing, etc.
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update, and add new features
- Establish strong relationship with corporate teams and site functional teams
- Understand internal client requirements and how they translate in application features
In a small team environment, everyone is expected to work towards overall Commissionaires Ottawa goals and at times a team effort is required that may involve taking on tasks outside the normal or expected scope of their role. Other duties may be assigned as required.
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a reputable and nationally known company
- Work in a challenging and rewarding work environment
- A complete compensation and benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation, paid sick and RRSP matching
- The ideal candidate has a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or programming. An equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
- Five or more years of application development experience
- Proven experience as a software engineer or application developer
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Quickly adapt to priority changes
- Ability to program MS SQL scripts
- Test-driven and agile development practices
- Write, test, debug, and document software to meet functional requirements and specifications
- Deploy applications to testing and production servers
- User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX) design
- Code management using revision control systems
- A high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Clear understanding of the importance of robust business and system processes and a strong commitment to quality and exceptional client service
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, logic-based thinking, sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Exceptional attention to details and high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize work requests and multitasks
- Hold or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
If we’re the right fit for you, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #21-118.
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
Commissionaires values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.
START DATE: 06/01/2021