EMPLOYER: Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
Start Date is approximate dependent on Security clearance process
- Advises staff, colleagues, and clients, including senior management, on the intent and implementation of contracting and procurement regulations, policies and procedures, monitors operations, identifies and takes action to resolve inconsistencies in contracting practices and streamline service delivery.
- Establishes specialized contracting frameworks including complex international contracts to better meet the requirements of CSE and its partners/clients.
- Contributes to the development of new/modification of current policies and practices through participation, as a division representative, on intra and interdepartmental committees, working groups and project teams.
- Leads, monitors, and reviews the conduct of ongoing and specialized contracting and procurement activities to ensure strict compliance to legislative requirements and applicable TBS, PSPC and CSE policies, sufficient to withstand the scrutiny of a financial audit.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of a Contracting & Procurement Team in accordance with the HR authorities delegated to Level 5 Supervisors and works with the Manager and colleagues to continually assess and improve Contracting & Procurement operations, systems, procedures, and practices.
UNI-09 level: $89,304 - $105,060 per year
All jobs are in Ottawa, Ontario. For more information on location, please visit the following link: https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/culture-and-community/life-cse/where-we-work. These location meet current accessibility standards.
Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB)
Area of selection
Open to persons employed in the Federal Public Service in the National Capital Region.
You must clearly demonstrate in your application how you meet these required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as management, commerce, business administration, supply chain management or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Recent and significant* experience in managing complex** and varied procurement activities including development of procurement strategy and plans, request for proposal preparation, development of evaluation criteria, bid evaluation, contract management, and issue resolution.
- Recent and significant* experience in providing advice and guidance to clients, management, and team members on procurement issues.
- Recent and significant* experience preparing analyses, briefings and/or reports for management in support of the procurement function.
- Experience in consulting and liaising with various internal and external stakeholders on contracting and procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience managing, supervising and/or coaching employees.
*Recent and significant experience is defined as having performed the duties for a minimum period of 4 years within the last 5 years.
**Complex is defined as including at least three (3) of the following attributes: multidimensional, multi-client, sensitive, multiphase, multiple reporting, or negotiations.
- Contracting and Procurement Knowledge
Obtaining assets and services that ensure best value to Crown
- Risk Management
Systematic process of identifying and analyzing or measuring potential risks
- Knowledge of Legislation, Standards, Acts and Policies as they apply to Contracting and Procurement
Effectively plans, organizes and manages their time and activities to deliver high quality and efficient performance
- Cognitive Thinking Skills
Responds to challenges with innovative solutions, products or services by questioning conventional means, using intuition, experimentation and fresh perspectives; understanding, analyzing, synthesizing and relating complex information and abstract variables
Identifies and responds to current and future client needs; provides service that meets or exceeds clients’ expectations
- Achieving Results
Delivers on commitments through actions that reflect personal accountability, sound judgement, decisiveness, and business acumen
- Lead and Motivate
Inspires commitment to achieve performance excellence by creating excitement about the work and demonstrating personal conviction, strength of character and belief about the team.
Builds relationships with traditional and non-traditional partners and stakeholders to develop solutions that reflect the interests of the organization
- Change and Innovation
Creates a culture where flexibility and openness to new ideas are encouraged. Leads transformation with courage and conviction.
- Integrity, Respect and Awareness
Creates and promotes a culture of integrity, transparency, fairness and respect; Recognizes one’s own areas of personal and professional strength as well as areas for development and is committed to continuous learning to enhance self-awareness
- Strategy and Vision
Develops a vision and connects people to it; Understands the context and envisions the possibilities; Translates ideas into concrete strategies that can be effectively executed
- University or college degree in commerce, business administration, supply chain management or another related field.
- apply through website https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/
START DATE: 06/01/2022