EMPLOYER: Nanometrics Inc.
Despite everything we know, the earth still has its mysteries. Beneath the surface, it is ever-changing and there is still much to understand. At Nanometrics, we develop industry leading instrumentation and services used to measure and record the very precise movements of the earth. Our innovative products and services are deployed in the most remote locations on the earth - from the bottom of the ocean to the peak of the Matterhorn - to study man-made and natural seismicity. As a member of the Nanometrics team, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with all areas of the business to expand the boundaries of seismic research and explore the unknown/discover the inner workings of our planet.
You are an experienced Hardware Design Technologist with strong technical skills, a passion for hands-on work and are highly organized with strong attention to detail. You also love to get creative, think innovatively and want to be a part of an organization that has impactful work.
About The Team
We are resourceful and innovative electronics designers who are committed to the evolution of our seismic instrumentation. We like to get creative in our work and we are responsible for building our next generation and extending our existing generation of scientific datalogger instrumentation that is used in the field to collect, record, and stream seismic and state-of-health information. We work closely with other teams (including software design, mechanical design, and manufacturing) in order to ensure our designs are robust and of the highest quality.
- Create and execute test procedures for system, unit, and card-level verification for new and updated designs
- Support and/or assist in root cause analysis
- Prepare, review and release engineering design documents including BOMs, assembly instructions, and schematics
- Design and document new cable assemblies
- Follow and improve team and company product development and new product introduction processes
- Assist in tracking group assets, documents, tasks and deliverables
- Maintain lab space and equipment
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in engineering/electronics/instrumentation-related discipline
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Hands-on electronics design and/or debug experience
- Experience with Schematic and Layout tools (Altium preferred)
- Experience using defect / bug / task tracking software (Jira preferred)
- Experience with circuit card soldering and rework
- Experience with electronic test and measurement equipment (e.g. signal generators, multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers)
- Knowledge of MRP/PLM systems
- Experience with Radiated Emissions, ESD or Surge Testing
- Hands-on mechanical skills and experience with mechanical CAD tools (Solidworks)
Why You’ll Love Us
- You will be joining an amazing team of energetic and dedicated professionals in a dynamic, collaborative and progressive atmosphere
- Competitive total compensation package including Benefits, RRSP, and Bonus opportunities
- The chance to make positive and impactful contributions in your work
- Nanometrics supports and encourages learning opportunities and provides access to LinkedIn Learning and several other Professional Development opportunities
Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
START DATE: 07/01/2022