EMPLOYER: Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
Job Title: Team Manager - Violence Against Women Services
Status: Full-time, Indeterminate
Hours: 35 hours/week
Benefits: 4 weeks of vacation leave, Personal leave, Insurance and Health Coverage, HOOPP Pension
Salary: $69,429 annually
Language: Bilingualism (English/French) required
Application Deadline: October 15, 11:59 p.m.
Bringing care and community together since 1986. Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre connects children, youth, parents, adults and seniors with services and resources in Ottawa west. We are committed to supporting our diverse communities in far west Ottawa by providing and coordinating accessible health and social services. Our work is guided by our four core beliefs: empowerment, equity, partnership and innovation and demonstrated through our day-to-day interactions with clients, partners, volunteers, members and staff.
Working at WOCRC means working within our Guiding Beliefs and making a difference to our community. As our employees support the community, WOCRC supports and values its employees by offering a generous wellness package including vacation leave, personal leave, insurance and health coverage, HOOPP enrolment, and maternity leave top-up for full-time indeterminate employees.
WOCRC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. WOCRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Support and/or accommodation is available through all phases of our hiring process, please let us know how we can support you.
The Team Manager Violence Against Women services is responsible and accountable for the coordination and implementation of programs, including VAW Counselling, Transitional Housing Support Program, Children Who Witness and the Children’s Aid Society/Violence Against Women Integrated Services Project. The Team Manager ensures ongoing development, service delivery and evaluation within the framework of the WOCRC philosophy and strategic direction.
The VAW programs are delivered in various locations around Ottawa; the Team Manager will provide supervision at the place of program delivery. The Team Manager is a member of the management team and handles all aspects of staff management and administration for the VAW teams. The Team Manager collaborates with other WOCRC Team Managers to integrate services using a cross functional lens to increase care coordination to clients across the centre. The Team Manager collaborates with external groups/agencies in order to ensure effective and comprehensive service delivery and to represent WOCRC in groups and coalitions that address the broad determinants of health.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Program Development and Delivery
- Ensures consistent and accountable implementation of the WOCRC guiding beliefs and strategic direction;
- Ensures ongoing development of policies and procedures relevant to the day-to-day operation of programs and services;
- Ensures coordination, planning and delivery of Violence Against Women Services.
Financial Management and Administration
- Participates in the development of program budgets in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Services and Finance and the Director of Client Services;
- Approves program operating expenditures within the approved budget.
- Liaises with People Services Manager in recruitment and hiring for position vacancies on team, including completing necessary approval forms, establishing selection criteria and interview questions and sitting on selection committee;
- Chairs/organizes team meetings; sets agendas, facilitates discussion and information flow;
- Promotes and enhances team functioning through support, coaching and conflict resolution;
- Ensures appropriate orientation and training for staff, volunteers and students.
WOCRC Strategic Direction Support
- Provides support for the development and implementation of new projects and programs, (e.g., identifies appropriate staff to take on new work, modifies work plans, and negotiates workloads/space/equipment requirements, ongoing problem-solving);
- Provides regular reports/information to the Director of Client Services on key issues and activities related to the strategic directions of WOCRC.
- Provides regular supervision of all full-time and casual relief staff; provides follow up when appropriate;
- Models a “client-centred” service delivery philosophy;
- Communicates regularly with, and monitors, the quality of work done by seconded staff, casual employees, contract staff and students;
- Communicates with supervisors as necessary.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Masters or Undergraduate degree in Social Work, counselling psychology, health or social sciences or an equivalent combination of education and significant related experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience managing a multi-disciplinary team including supervision of staff;
- Experience working with abused women, crisis intervention and brief therapy;
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based model of health service provision and feminist principles;
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act;
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act;
- Knowledge of health and social services delivery in Ottawa and the broader Champlain region;
- Knowledge of general management principles, including financial and human resource management;
- Program development and evaluation experience;
- Strong planning, decision-making, leadership and organizational skills;
- Change management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and serve the needs of diverse communities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Promoter of team work;
- Proven conflict resolution skills;
- Knowledge and experience working with volunteers;
- Demonstrated flexibility and effectiveness with a rapidly changing environment, short deadlines and multiple programs’ consumer needs;
- Valid driver's licence and access to a vehicle is required due to the mobility of the position;
- $2 million in liability insurance.
Please apply online via this career centre. The application deadline is October 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m..
Submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that applications submitted via email will not be considered.
Address cover letters to:
People Services Manager
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court
Kanata, ON K2L 4H7
We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business and job requirements. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Ontario.
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of résumés received, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
START DATE: 09/15/2022