EMPLOYER: HealthCraft Products
Marketing Communications Specialist
Business: Home Medical Assistive Products Manufacturer
Marketing Communications Specialist (Public Relations + Social Media + Email Marketing)
Who we are:
HealthCraft Group is a leading Canadian based designer and manufacturer of fall prevention safety solutions for loved ones at risk of a fall in their living space. You will find our products worldwide in over 25 countries helping millions of loved ones daily to protect and extend their potential. Put simply, we are on a mission to make every space a safer place.
Where are we heading:
HealthCraft is in growth mode and building for the future, which is where you come in. We are searching for a Marketing Communication Specialist, who will own the Public Relations, Social Media and Email Marketing experience at HealthCraft. This position reports to the Marketing Director and works collaboratively with the Marketing, Design, and Sales teams.
The Marketing Communications Specialist is driven to make an impact and has a demonstrated track record of creating a buzz. It is mission cricitial that the Specialist has the ability to create captivating social posts that get our audience engaged. The Specialist brings to the table a robust network of journalists and newsrooms. Buckle up, the position is fast-paced and demanding with expectations that you fit and thrive within our nurtured HealthCraft culture which we curate and protect. This position provides an opportunity to start your journey working for one of Canada’s top companies in home health care products. Come to work every day knowing that what you do matters. HealthCraft changes lives, let it change yours. If you think you fit and have grit, continue reading. Y
● A creative storyteller ● Comfortable to lead our Public Relations, Email and Social Media efforts ● Seasoned at building presentations and other material used for speaking engagements, awareness, education and advocacy ● A professional at stepping up to the mike and comfortable speaking to large groups ● A champion at securing press and media coverage ● A critical thinker and can problem solve ● A great team member and a natural collaborator who is eager to lend a hand ● A go-to resource and forward-thinking go-getter
You are not: ● A “status-quo is good enough” kind of person
Your experience should include:
● Degree or work experience in Communications, Journalism, Business, Marketing, or another related field ● At least 3-5 years of experience in a communications role, specializing in Press / Media Relations, Social Media or Email Marketing ● The ability to write and communicate exceptionally well in English is essential ● Experience managing PR and Communications projects independently ● Experience managing social media in a professional setting, including a proven ability to grow engagement with target audiences ● High comfort level with Hootsuite, or other social media scheduling service ● High level of competency in Microsoft 365 ● Working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, Klaviyo, Google Analytics is an asset Bonus points if you have any of these: ● Presentation skills where your charisma is used to “spark a fire” and keep your audience engaged ● A portfolio of your social media highlight reel ● Creative passion(s) such as musical instruments, visual arts, written word ● A history in team sports ● Experience with assistive products or care for older adults / accessibility ● A community service / volunteering history
Duties & Responsibilities:
Public & Media Relations
● Bring, build, and establish relationships with media outlets covering health, wellness, design, business, innovation and other related topics ● Proactively secure media coverage and respond to inbound inquiries ● Be the main point of contact for media inquiries ● Collect and write story pitches for journalists as part of our proactive media relations strategy ● Create compelling thought leadership content for brand publications, award submissions, and media releases ● Create and maintain media lists ● Manage a media section of the HealthCraft website in WordPress ● Prepare talking points for key messages prior to media interviews ● Attend events as required, for media relations purposes (including live social posts and photography) ● Track PR and engagement metrics to inform future strategies and tactics
● Help develop and optimize HealthCraft’s social media strategy ● Manage HealthCraft social profiles, maintaining a constant stream of posts aligned to messaging, brand, channel and audience objectives ● Share and respond to community-generated content on a daily basis ● Grow impressions, followers and engagement ● Work with the Marketing Team to create and repurpose content for evergreen, awareness and promotional campaigns ● Work with the Design and Marketing teams to create and utilize visuals as needed for posts ● Assist and provide key insights for paid social media ad campaigns ● Track engagement and performance, updating weekly dashboards ● Suggest and implement strategic improvements for performance enhancements
● Help develop and execute email campaigns that drive engagement, retention, and revenue ● Work with the team to develop compelling email templates, copy and graphics ● Utilize best practices to ensure email campaigns are optimized for deliverability, open rates, click-through rates and conversions ● Analyze campaign performance and develop recommendations to optimize future campaigns ● Build Flow Automation strategies (subscription triggers, transactional, more) ● Build and setup email marketing campaign calendars ● Utilize Klaviyo and Mailchimp best practices ● Leverage CRM data to support campaign execution ● Analyze Performance and Reporting
Total Compensation & Care:
● Base Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance, ranging from $55,000 - $65,000 ● Performance Award: Dependent on business success and contribution ● Formal training: $2,000 budget per year based on growth plan ● Informal training: Personal development one-on-one & group coaching/mentoring from our CEO, leadership team and outside experts on topics such as health & wellness, communication & personality type awareness (DISC), organizational skills ● Health Insurance: A comprehensive Employee Benefit Program which includes; Health, Dental, Vision, and confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which includes mental & financial health planning & counseling for you and your family ● Income Protection: Long term disability, life insurance and discretionary sick or personal time ● Paid Time Off: 3+ weeks: provided as 10 Vacation Days, 3 Paid HealthCraft Personal Days & 3 Common Paid Team Days ● Paid Statutory Holidays: 9 Days ● Social Time: Frequent Team events such as Live Music Jam sessions, personal development training, Coffee & Donut “meet your team mates” sessions, Team BBQ’s and lunches, Pancake Breakfasts, & Team Spirit Activities ● Team Services: We are a community that looks for opportunities to help with making your life work balance better ● Parking: free on-site parking ● Meaningful and Challenging Work: An opportunity to work and grow with one of our industry’s top awarded, most innovative companies; one that is making a difference in millions of lives ● Curated intentional Culture: A remarkable and intentional organizational culture focused on learning, growth, engagement and communication
● Work onsite, in office, with occasional remote work ● Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ● Office in a Manufacturing Plant ● Disciplined / Quality Assurance ISO13485:2016 workplace ● Team Culture; Core Purpose and Core Value driven culture with a monthly measured world class attained employee net promoter score. (eNPS) ● < 50 Employees
“To protect and Extend Human Potential”. We are committed to being the best organization on planet earth at connecting passionate people, progressive ideas and effective product solutions to end the epidemic of preventable fall injuries and deaths in the living spaces of the world.
Our Core Values: ● New Day. New Ideas: Continuous Improvement ● Keep Giving. Keep Growing: Teamwork ● Small Detail. Big Impact: Quality ● Say hello. And then some: Care
Our Brand Promise:
● You will find a thoughtful, professionally curated collection of products that are effective and actually work ● Your living space (and you) will be made safer, and... ● We will help you figure out the details with a collection and community of knowledge to guide you
HealthCraft promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. HealthCraft provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
START DATE: 09/01/2023