EMPLOYER: Global Affairs Canada
Reporting to the Executive Chef and the Director of Hospitality, the Warewasher is accountable for gathering, cleaning and putting away the dishes, pots and pans used in the Banquet rooms and the Main Kitchen. The incumbent is also accountable for maintaining the cleanliness of other areas of the kitchen, including floors, counters, equipment, taking care of the garbage and other related duties as required. These duties are carried out on and off the premises. The incumbent will also assist the culinary team by completing kitchen duties.
This is a term position until May 2020 with possibility of extension.
- Completion of grade 11 high school education;
- Two (2) years experience as a warewasher;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Physical work will be required;
- Must be able to lift up to 30 to 50 lbs on a regular basis;
- Must be able to push/pull carts weighing up to 100lbs;
- Must be able to stand & exert well paced mobility for the duration of the shift;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and demonstrate solid relationship building skills;
- Ability to follow specific direction;
- Ability to work an irregular schedule to meet business needs (day, afternoon, evening, weekends and statutory holidays);
- Must possess excellent communication skills;
- WHMIS training a definite asset and will be required upon hire;
- Bilingual in both official languages would be an asset.
Who Can Apply
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid Secret Code verification as a condition of employment
START DATE: 09/01/2019