EMPLOYER: Wingate by Wyndham Kanata West Ottawa
Housekeeping - Room Attendant
MODERN LIFE IN BALANCE
Start, stop, rest, go again, even fasterthat is the way life works today. At WINGATE BY WYNDHAM, we have what you need to help support your life, your work, your time, and your knack for balancing everything in between. Whether youre moving fast for your business or enjoying the calm of a weekend getaway before your world ramps up again, we keep you connected, on schedule, de-stressed, and ready for whatever comes next.
HOUSEKEEPING - ROOM ATTENDANT - Role Summary
Opening in February 2020. A new day will soon be dawning for hospitality in our nations capital. Wingate by Wyndham Kanata West Ottawa will cause you to rethink what you know about hotels.
We are eager to meet with talented, passionate, experienced service professionals who are looking for a unique opportunity to achieve personal and professional growth.
You are eager to be a part of a supportive team where you are afforded the freedom to do the job that you were hired to do and one where your individual talents and personality are recognized and appreciated. A workplace where your input and contributions are always welcomed along the road to challenging you to achieve more success.
What Youll Do:
- Clean rooms, storage areas and corridors as allocated achieving standards of cleanliness and presentation as expected by hotel guests and Wingate Hotels.
- Ensure guest supplies and advertising material in bedrooms and bathrooms are replenished achieving the correct standards for the room.
- Preparing room or cleaning room for existing guests by making beds, changing sheets, vacuuming floors, draperies and upholstered furniture, dusting, removing garbage and recycling.
- Report all found property so guests get back those special belongings they may have left behind.
- Promote a culture of safety by ensuring the security of the rooms, keys and guests.
- Follow and understand the correct storage and usage of cleaning agents as per health and safety guidelines (WHMIS) and manufacturers instructions.
- General inspection of equipment and reporting any defective equipment when required.
- Carry out opening and closing procedures as per hotel standards, ensuring accuracy and completion of requested reports.
- Facilitate the clean linen process in an efficient and cost-effective manner, ensuring corridors and public areas are in a presentable condition.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned from time-to-time.
Wingate by Wyndham team member all
- Foster a spirit of teamwork while ensuring the department provides superior customer service to hotel employees and guests alike.
- Maintains safe working conditions by following safety rules and procedures and notifies management of problems where necessary.
- Ensures hotel management is informed of all unusual problems or matters of significance.
- At all times projects a favorable image of Wingate Hotels to the public
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with the corporate policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
What we are looking for
- Completion of high-school
- 1-3 years previous experience housekeeping, hotel, laundry or similar experience
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- A team-first attitude
- Detail oriented
- This role is a physically demanding role and may include repetitive bending, pulling, carrying, high lifting and pushing (up-to 100lbs.)
Perks for you:
- Competitive benefits plan including extended health care, dental and vision care
- Life insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness programs
- Career development opportunities
- Supportive fun environment
START DATE: 03/10/2020