EMPLOYER: Contact North | Contact Nord
Contact North I Contact Nord has an immediate opening for a professional with experience in student support, sales, achieving targets and creating community partnerships for the following position:
Online Learning Recruitment Officer
Ottawa Carleton Territory
What We Do
Contact North | Contact Nord helps underserved Ontarians in 600 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities by making it possible for them to access education and training without having to leave their communities.
Ottawa Carleton Territory including: Orleans and Hawkesbury online learning centres
What you do as a member of our team:
Reporting to the Director, Recruitment & Partnerships, the Online Learning Recruitment Officer has the following responsibilities:
- Recruit students for the online programs and courses offered by Ontarios 24 public colleges, 22 public universities, 9 Indigenous institutes, 76 district school boards, 200 literacy and basic skills providers, and 50 skills development training providers within the territory
- Develop partnerships with community organizations and agencies for ongoing student referrals
- Responds to services requests from clients and the public, plan recruitment initiatives, make presentations to prospective students and community organizations
- Engage with community, business and other organizations to establish referral partnerships where the organizations refer local residents to Contact North | Contact Nord for support
- Hire, train and supervise up to 5 Student Recruitment & Services Representatives, (local staff working in each of the online learning centres in the territory)
- Input and maintain all required information in the CRM database on a daily basis
- Manage all online learning centres within the assigned territory; including staffing, managing the relationship with the local host of each online learning centres and participation in any potential online learning centre moves
- Allocate tasks to staff to cover the administrative functions of all online learning centres including schedule staff, follow-up with students, and deliver high quality student service
- Recommend solutions when escalating or referring issues to your supervisor, and meet all administrative requirements to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the online learning centres
What you need to be successful:
- Secondary School Diploma required, post-secondary credential preferred
- Experience in student support, sales, achieving targets and/or creating community partnerships
- Experience working with community organizations
- Experience in supervising, assigning tasks, and scheduling staff
- Strong public presentation and communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be fully bilingual in both French and English
- Must possess a valid drivers license and personal vehicle,for travel as needed within the territory (kilometre reimbursement provided)
Contact North | Contact Nord provides:
- A dynamic and friendly work environment where employees have an opportunity to do meaningful work and grow by helping Ontarians get the education and training they need for future opportunities and grow professionally
- 35 hours per week. Hours are mainly daytime; however, flexibility to accommodate evenings and weekends is required.
- An attractive compensation package:
- $21.10 - $23.05perhourstarting wage based on experience
- Competitive full range of employee benefits package
- Employer/Employee Group RRSP with matching contribution plan of 6% each
- 15 days of accumulated paid vacation annually
How to apply:
- This position is open until filled.
- Submit to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.
- Include at least two employment references.
- Quote Job Competition number #19-100-ORLE in the subject line of the e-mail.
Contact North I Contact Nord is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
START DATE: 03/30/2020