EMPLOYER: Epiphan Video
Front-end Developer – Ottawa ON, Canada
Epiphan Video (www.epiphan.com) is a small, nimble company creating AV products for video capture and streaming. We provide the opportunity to develop leading edge technology in an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters creativity and collaboration. It’s a fun and interesting place to work with lots of projects and plenty to learn.
We’re looking for a Front-end Developer to help us build new products and marketing websites. You’ll be well versed in WordPress development, and have intermediate coding skills in React.js.
You’ll be responsible for the front-end development of our marketing websites and our web applications. We have a complex marketing stack and rely on best-in-class development methodologies. Our product teams build React-based applications to control our hardware and cloud services. You will work on a diverse mix of marketing and product-related projects with an opportunity to leverage many different skills and work with different teams.
- Build and maintain our marketing websites in WordPress
- Optimize our e-commerce user experience
- Test and maintain all the web services we use throughout our marketing stack
- Work with the content creators to build templates for efficient content posting
- Develop the front-end of our web applications using React.js
- Work with our Engineering and Marketing teams to gather requirements for new products or features
- Communicate logical solutions to marketing and engineering teams
Experience & qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a WordPress development role
- Strong understanding of WordPress environments and best practices
- Skilled in front-end development using PHP, JS, SCSS, CSS, and HTML
- Strong English language verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate skills in React development