EMPLOYER: Cash for Trash
Our core business is metal recycling. We are dedicated to reducing the carbon footprint
by being environmentally responsible through the recycling of scrap metal from a range
of sources such as end-of-life vehicles, demolition & construction, and consumer
products; batteries, appliances, aluminum, copper, brass, tin, etc.
We are seeking a junior heavy diesel mechanic to join our team to work on specific
projects at this time. Must be flexible as we operate 6 days a week.
● Complete job assignments in a safe, timely and productive manner
● Responsible for the repair, (reactive and preventative) maintenance, and testing
of heavy equipment
● Inspecting trucks, cranes, bulldozers, baler and other heavy equipment for proper
● Perform oil changes and brake inspections on vehicles (heavy equipment)
● Follow all safety procedures and protocol
● Performs other duties as assigned
Job Type / Category:
This position is full time, Monday - Friday with occasional Saturdays.
The work is outdoors in all weather conditions.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
● Be able to work in a team based goal oriented environment
● Excellent knowledge of heavy diesel engines
● Skilled in finding and fixing defaults in heavy vehicles
● Ability to test and repair heavy vehicles
● Self-motivated and organized individual with exceptional time management skills
● Eager to learn new skills of the trade
● Ability to use all types of diagnostic and repair tools
● Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
● Work independently and cooperatively in a team in a timely and efficient manner
● Must have own reliable vehicle to and from work (Stittsville);
● Enjoy working outdoors under all weather conditions
Cash for Trash is a growing metal recycling facility located in Stittsville, ON.
Salary: $20-$25 /hour
Job Type: 3 Months Contract
START DATE: 06/05/2020