EMPLOYER: Cash for Trash
Our core business is metal recycling. We are dedicated to reducing the carbon footprint
by being environmentally responsible through the recycling of scrap metal from a range
of sources such as end-of-life vehicles, demolition & construction, and consumer
products; batteries, appliances, aluminum, copper, brass, tin, etc.
We are seeking a fabricator to join our team to work on specific projects at this time.
The work is performed in our facility, with metal cutting and other industrial equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must wear personal safety
protection equipment and protective clothing.
● Complete job assignments in a safe, timely and productive manner
● Operates fabrication shop and machine shop equipment
● Knowledge of operations including cutoff saws, shears, rolls, cutting with
oxygen/acetylene, plasma cutters
● Follow company safety procedures and protocol
● Measures parts dimensions to determine accuracy of fabrication parts
● Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
Job Type / Category:
This position is full time, Monday - Friday with occasional Saturdays.
The work is outdoors in all weather conditions.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
● Must be able to safely operate a MIG welder, plasma cutters, acetylene
● Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs
● Knowledge of industry-standard safe rigging practices
● Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a
● Self-motivated and organized individual
● Eager to learn new skills of the trade
● Ability to use all types of diagnostic and repair tools
● Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
● Work independently and cooperatively in a team in a timely and efficient manner
● Must have own reliable vehicle to and from work (Stittsville);
● Enjoy working outdoors under all weather conditions
Cash for Trash is a growing metal recycling facility located in Stittsville, ON.
Salary: $18-$22/ Hour
Job Type: 3 Months Contract
START DATE: 06/05/2020