EMPLOYER: Roofs of Steel Inc
Are you good with people, organized, professional and hard working? Roofs of Steel is looking for a new contract team member to get up to speed on our premium metal roofing products.
- Ability to be professional and courteous with clients on the phone and in person is critical.
- Part-time, contract position with opportunity for responsibility and autonomy.
- Keeping the warehouse organized and clean is part of the role.
- Initial training is paid and part of the job onboarding process.
- Product knowledge will be taught. It is important as orders and pick lists will be provided to select from product inventory.
- Must be comfortable and capable of organizing deliveries with clients who may be hard to reach.
- Applicants must be able to lift boxes and materials weighing up to 50lbs and move them safely around the warehouse, in and out of vehicles to the client site.
- Deliveries will be done with 20ft box trucks.
- Duties also include picking up surplus material at the job site and returning it to the warehouse.
- No forklift experience required.
- Loading and unloading to be done by hand.
- Living in proximity to Richmond ON would be helpful as scheduled and last minute deliveries to make up for short supply are required from time to time.
- Hours are mon-sun subject to project dates and times that will be known in advance.
- Must have your own phone and transportation. Ideally a pick-up truck. No bus service to the warehouse location.
- Mileage is paid when your own vehicle is used to transport material.
- Approximately 20 hours per week. Most of this is in full days, although some of it involves one or two hours at a time.
Roofs of Steel is a Canadian-owned metal roofing company based out of the Ottawa area. We pride ourselves on providing a top-quality product with expert installation and superior customer service.