POSITION: Service Technician
REPORTS TO: Production and Service Manager
LOCATION: Ottawa, Ontario
Established in 1982, and now a business unit within Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Instantel is the global market leader in the design and production of vibration monitoring instrumentation. Our products are used in over 120 countries. Applications include civil engineering, construction, environmental, mining, mining exploration, quarry, underwater, structural health, human annoyance, military and noise.
- Perform the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting on a wide variety of analogue and digital circuits
- Perform final system testing in accordance with engineering output documents
- Test and troubleshoot assemblies to the component level
- Rework on PCB assemblies with fine pitch SMT components
- Prepare technical reports, summarize findings and recommends solutions to technical problems
- Provide feedback to improve service procedures and test specifications
- Maintaining a clean and ESD compliant service area
- Work as part of a team to ensure units are calibrated and serviced to meet the department turnaround goals
- Any other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- A college diploma
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in testing electronic systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills at the component level
- Excellent soldering skills capable of reworking fine pitch surface mounted components
- Capable of reading and understanding schematic diagrams
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently and as part of a team
Faites-nous savoir si ce poste vous intéresse. Remplissez ce court formulaire et nous vous contacterons rapidement.