EMPLOYEUR: Matthew House Refugee Services (Ottawa) Inc.
DESCRIPTION DE L'EMPLOI:
JOIN US AT FURNITURE BANK FOR A PART-TIME SUMMER JOB
Operational Intern – Warehousing (OIW)
Department: Furniture Bank (MHO:FB)
Reports: Program Director (MHO:FB), Operational Assistant (MHO:FB)
Hours and Wages: 35 hours/week, $14/hour
Requirements: 17-30 years of age (student or any person within the age range)
Term: July 20th –September 4th, 2020
Application deadline: July 7, 2019
The role of the OIA/W is to assist the Program Director and/or Trucking coordinator and Warehouse Manager to co-ordinate and manage key administrative and operational duties at MHO: FB including donor and client relations, volunteer liaison and warehouse functions. From time to time, the OIA/W will also assist in duties related to trucking operations. The OIA/W must respect Matthew House Ottawa’s mission, vision and values statement (found at www.matthewhouseottawa.org).
Essential Job Functions:
1. In consultation with Appointments Booking Coordinator, scheduled and confirm clientappointments
2. Prepare documentation for appointments
3. Provide necessary information to client service volunteers
4. Answer general enquiries from clients
5. Serve clients coming in to receive furniture
1. Attend to donor enquires providing them with information on MHO: FB and services
2. Accurately identify acceptable furniture and household goods at time of pick-up or during drop offs to MHO: FB
3. Confirm pick-up dates to donors requesting service
1. In consultation with Program Director, prepare items designated for sale and advertise
2. Respond to inquiries on furniture items for sale
3. Conduct and complete transactions
4. Record transactions
5. Handle cash
1. Work with volunteers to ensure smooth operations
2. Provide necessary information to volunteers
1.Maintain a tidy and safe warehouse
2.Establish delivery and pickup routing in consultation with Trucking coordinator
3.In consultation with truck crew, load and unload delivery truck following OH&S procedure
4.As and when required may be expected to assist drivers and movers with furniture pick-ups and deliveries
5.Maintain inventory records of furniture coming in or leaving MHO:FB
6.May include driving cube truck as required.
1.May be expected to assist with other administrative duties as determined by Program Director
2.Attend to other tasks as per the instructions of supervisors
Valid “G” driver’s license (optional)
Clear Police Records Check
(NB. MHO: FB can provide successful applicant with a letter to present to Ottawa Police Service for Police check)
Organization, effective communication, time management, computer literacy (MS Microsoft Office and google docs) and cultural sensitivity.
High level of fluency in English (written and spoken) essential.
Fluency in multiple languages an asset (especially French/Arabic).
Warehousing duties, experience working with marginalised population groups
Lifting of heavy objects, fluid work environment
Please send a cover letter addressing all essential requirements, resume and three current references (please include telephone number and email of contact) to David Botha, Program Director Furniture Bank at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is July 7, 2020. Successful candidates should not expect to hear back from MHO: FB regarding an interview until after this date.
DATE DE DÉBUT: 07/20/2020
Faites-nous savoir si ce poste vous intéresse. Remplissez ce court formulaire et nous vous contacterons rapidement.