EMPLOYER: Desjardins General Insurance Group
As a Claims Client Service Advisor - APD Claims, you help serve and maintain business relationships with members and clients for all claims.
You handle low-complexity property insurance claims and all types of auto insurance claims. You investigate and approve claims in accordance with the organization’s standards and policies.
You draw on your sound decision-making skills to solve problems, develop solutions, negotiate claims settlements and enter into agreements with members, clients, third parties and others.
You assist members, clients and practitioners. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
Desjardins supports diversity in the workplace and promotes an open and inclusive work environment. We value and respond to the many competing priorities in your lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
Desjardins is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Desjardins encourages applications from all qualified individuals and provides reasonable and appropriate accommodations during the recruitment and selection process as needed.
- Handle claims, investigate circumstances, and compensate the client in keeping with the guidelines and policies of the company while respecting contracts and commitments to quality in order to ensure client satisfaction.
- Inspect and/or evaluate damages when required, estimate costs or commercial value, examine reports or other documents, evaluate losses, establish claims guidelines, and determine settlement amounts if needed.
- Analyze specific cases (cases outside mandate, complex, qualified as major losses, from independent firms involved with subrogation or legalities of settlements, provide recommendations to concerned parties or make decisions.
- Write up an expert opinion, an estimate or subrogation if applicable.
- Propose solutions, negotiate settlements and reach agreements with clients, third parties or other concerned parties.
- Handle Property notice of losses and progress to handling of minor property claims.
REPORTS TO: Section Manager, Claims Client Care Centre, Ottawa
Other working conditions
- Schedule : Claims Client Care Call Centre Hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Stat Holidays 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Shifts will be determined based on Desjardins Group seniority
- Successful candidates must be fully available for a training program of tree months beginning on August 26 2019. Good attendance and punctuality are pre-requisites for consideration for this role.
- Number of jobs available : 5
- College diploma in a relevant field
Minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Previous claims experience (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Proficient with computer systems (i.e.: MS Word, Lotus, Access, INDEM, etc.)
- Good knowledge of investigative techniques
- Good knowledge of insurance-related laws and regulations and how to apply them
- Sound knowledge of automobile, home and liability insurance contracts (an asset)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Decision quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Situational adaptability
1730, boulevard Saint-Laurent, bureau 200, Ottawa
START DATE: 07/04/2019