EMPLOYER: Manderley Turf Products
Seeking Landscape Labourers to build a Full-Service Sod Installation Crew for the Ottawa and surrounding area!
Working with the Crew Leader, you will work diligently and efficiently on sod installation projects safely to help ensure quality workmanship and on-time completion is obtained to the client’s satisfaction. Your major tasks will include but are not limited to job site preparation, sod installation, lawn mowing, watering and site clean-up.
You must be able to follow instructions and work well in a team setting to accomplish tasks. You will also be required to wear proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) always while on job sites which may include safety boots, hard hats, reflective vests etc.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a positive attitude
- Working outdoors in all types of weather
- Must be physically fit and able to meet the physical demands that include heavy lifting and carrying (up to 50lbs), standing, walking, pushing, pulling, kneeling and repetitive motion
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for 8+ hours a day
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Prepping job sites – moving and grading soil, raking, fertilizing, etc.
- Install sod – small and big rolls
- Site cleanup – debris removal
- Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are followed
- Any other duties assigned by the Crew Leader.
- Basic knowledge and/or interest in the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in landscape maintenance and installation operations
- Understand and carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs
- Safety boots
- Be physically fit and able to repeatedly lift 50lbs
- Experience in the landscape industry an asset
- Forklift certification considered an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
START DATE: 08/12/2019