EMPLOYER: SSI Schaefer Systems Int'l Ltd.
The Automation Technician provides technical support for automated material handling equipment in customer warehouses and distribution centers. The Position works with PLC Engineers, Software Developers, and Software Support Engineers to install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair mechanical systems. The Position is part of a customer service team in-residence to ensure systems are running at peak efficiency with maximum uptime.
- Coordinates on-site installation/maintenance of electrical and mechanical automated system machines.
- Troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and align electrical and mechanical automated system machines.
- Capable of reading and editing electrical, mechanical and layout drawings.
- Preventative maintenance and repair of diverse production equipment.
- Demonstrate experience in a maintenance field with good working experience in mechanical repairs.
- Supporting new machine builds installations and modifications.
- Assisting with the preventative maintenance program to ensure production downtime is minimized.
- Develops and maintains standards and tools for hardware projects.
- Monitors automated system machine performance.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must have a high mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
- Actively communicates with team members, project manager and software developers about the work and project status.
- Effectively communicates with customers in high-impact scenarios.
- May occasionally performs extended hours, weekend and holiday work in support of customer service and change requests.
- May travel to other sites for paid training, installations, and vacation relief.
- Works independently with little or no supervision.
- A degree/diploma in Mechanical technology, Electromechanical or Similar.
- Valid Driver’s License
- 1-3 years of equipment maintenance experience preferably with automation.
- Working knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles, motors, drivers, belts and bearings.
SSI Schaefer is a leading provider of intralogistics. We are one of the world’s largest total solutions providers and components manufacturers, offering automated systems, storage & distribution, materials handling, logistics software, and waste technology solutions to businesses throughout North America.
More than 10,000 employees fully stand behind the progress of our companies group; at over 56 countries and in 16 company-owned production sites around the world. For over 70 years, our approach is not simply to meet our customers' expectations, but wherever possible to exceed them.
The SSI SCHAEFER Group is recognized internationally for maintaining the highest level of quality products within the logistics sector. Our dedicated professionals are continually optimizing the performance of our product offerings, utilizing state-of-the-art technologies and drawing on many years of experience and intensive collaboration with customers.