EMPLOYER: ParaMed Home Health Care
The Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) will practice in accordance with legislation and the standards as determined by their regulatory body and the practice setting. The RN or RPN will have the knowledge to assess, select, implement and evaluate a wide range of nursing interventions to ensure consistent safe, competent and ethical care. Client groups receiving care may include Pediatrics or Adults with complex medical/health concerns. Care will take place within the community within a residential or institutional setting with referrals generated by a variety of sources including government agencies, employers, insurance companies or private payees.
- Registration/licensing with provincial regulatory college, in good standing
- Preferably has a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a practicing RN or RPN ideally in a community setting
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation including Mental Health Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Healthcare Consent Act, Privacy / Personal Health Information Act and others
- Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with clients and families to ensure that barriers to communication do not impact the client’s ability to direct their own care process
- Effective skills in critical thinking and problem solving
- Knowledge of applicable community resources available for clients and families
- Current certification (within the past 12 months) of First Aid, CPR, completed within Canada
- Able to provide a current, clear criminal background check including Vulnerable Screening (VPS)
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Obtains informed consent prior to and throughout service provision
- Must be available to work days, or evenings and every second weekend.
- Assignments primarily for visit program, and may be offered in the shift program, depending on skills, ability and operational needs
- Visit and pediatric experience is an asset
- Will also be required to participate in on-call for evenings, overnights and/or weekends as required and scheduled by ParaMed
- Wound care experience is mandatory
- Working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of government agencies, healthcare workers, and other community resources
- Provides safe, competent, compassionate and ethical nursing care to ensure the personal safety of clients
- Uses appropriate assessment tools and techniques in consultation with clients and the health care team to assess clients regarding physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, cognitive, developmental, environmental and social needs
- Engages client using a collaborative approach, building rapport and trust, achieving a mutual understanding and agreement to identify actual and potential client health care needs, strengths, capacities and goals.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate professional boundaries with clients and the health care team, including the distinction between social interaction and therapeutic relationships
- Participates in necessary care conferences with Health Care team
- Maintains the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide safe, efficient, effective care in all areas of practice by keeping abreast of changes in practice setting that affect scope of practice
- Maintains professional client records related to client encounters and plans in compliance with ParaMed’ s policies and the standards applied by their regulatory body.
- Shows respect for cultural needs, dignity, privacy and confidentiality of clients
- Discharges client when goals have been achieved.
Incorporates federal and provincial laws and regulations, national and provincial standards to provide high quality, safe and ethical care to clients/patients i.e. Regulated Health Professionals Act. Assumes professional responsibility, thinks critically, demonstrates practical knowledge, engages in professional development, manages own practice and advocates within system on clients/patients’ behalf
This is a Unionized Position: LiUNA Local 3000
Union Classification: Nursing Services (RPN/RN)
Salary: LHIN funded Nursing Rates as per the Collective Agreement
Location: City of Ottawa, ON
In Ontario, ParaMed accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
If you are interested in any of the positions above, please submit your resume in confidence to Maha Dahche, Regional Recruitment Specialist by email firstname.lastname@example.org
START DATE: 10/21/2020