EMPLOYER: Canadian Blood Services
Join Canada’s Lifeline!
We are currently recruiting for a Temporary Part-Time Shipper/Receiver to join our team in Ottawa.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
In this role you will receive, store, organize, retrieve, assemble, and distribute Consumables Inventory and Finished Products orders for the Ottawa Production and Distribution Centre required to support CBS operations in, and finished products distributed from Ottawa 40 Concourse gate.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Receive, store and organize Consumables Inventory items
- Retrieve and assemble Consumables Inventory items
- Distribute Consumables Inventory orders and Finished Products orders
- Maintain storage facility within Materials Management
- Perform additional duties, are required
- Completion of a secondary school program
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a shipper/receiver within a Logistics environment, with preference in warehouse and inventory distribution
- Working experience with inventory control processes (FIFO and/or FEFO) is an asset
- WHMIS, TDG and MSDS experience is an asset
- Prior experience with on-line receiving is an asset; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills being able to exercise tact, sound judgement and discretion when dealing will others
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with departmental staff, management, volunteers, and customers
- Strong organizational and time management skills, being able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities within short timelines
- Effective problem solving skills, capable of interpreting and analyzing reports to make plausible recommendations
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers within a Windows operating system using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software
- Advanced skills in financial systems software, preferably SAP
- Minimum typing speed of 45 wpm is required
- Attention to detail is essential in performing all aspects of job
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Maturity and ability to work with a minimum of supervision
Please apply through our career site: https://www.blood.ca/en/career-opportunities Job Posting: 10416-239
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
START DATE: 03/29/2021