EMPLOYER: CertainTeed Canada, Inc.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed®, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings. A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain®, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,500 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.7 billion in 2017.
Ottawa Insulation Plant
Acquired by CertainTeed in 2009, formerly Ottawa Fibre Inc.The Ottawa plant manufactures fibre glass insulation in soft batts (with and without Kraft paper, commercial batt rolls, board insulation and blowing wool products. The plant operates 24/7 365 days of the year and has a unionized workforce under the Unifor Union. Wages are set by the Collective Agreement and currently range from $18.41 to $38.59 per hour.Included for full time employees is an attractive Sun Life Benefit package (Medical & Dental), issued uniforms, boot allowances and a generous vacation entitlement.
Production Associate – shift work for 24/7 Operation
- Work in a productive and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact with a global industrial leader
- Have the opportunity for a satisfying job in a world class manufacturing plant.
- Wage increases below.
- Production Associate - $22.82/hr starting wage. Night shift premium - $1.60/hr. Weekend premium - $.30/hr.
- After 1000-hour probationary period, you will be entitled to a yearly boot allowance and uniforms.
- After 3000 hour or 18 months from start date; you will be entitled to a Sun Life Benefit package and promoted to Packer - pay increases to $24.97.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Production Associate is responsible for:
• Performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner following company safety standards
• Performing routine cleaning, inspecting and minor maintenance on equipment
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts including nights and weekends
• Minimum grade 12 education and some post-secondary education preferred
• Must be a team player
• Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner
• Able to learn to operate automated plant manufacturing equipment
• Must be able to interact, communicate and work effectively and professionally with all employees and management staff in a team-oriented environment.
• Must be able to spend a significant amount of time on plant floor.
• Job includes tasks that require walking, bending, twisting, gripping, stair climbing, lifting, and entering confined spaces.
• Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
START DATE: 03/16/2021