EMPLOYER: DHL Express Canada
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use GCA scanner for all required activities on the daily route; all scan able way bills, laser waybills
- Delivery of all assigned material in the route area, within the specific requirements of both the customer and DHL.
- Pick up of all assigned customer pick-ups within the specific guidelines of the Customer and DHL.
- Compile and submit accurate route records on a daily basis.
- Inform DHL of any route irregularities and significant competitor activity.
- Communicate effectively with customers over the phone and in person
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Professional representation of DHL at all times, including the maintenance and presentation of vehicle, uniform, waybills/product.
- Proactively manage the customer’s perception of and level of satisfaction with our service.
- On-time pick-up and delivery of customer shipments and completion of full route
- Interact effectively with other members of the organization.
- To alert the Sales Department to potential customer opportunities and/or vulnerabilities.
- Maintain a secure and safe working environment for all staff
- Follow all safety regulations from every facility and customer site
- Comply with Collective Agreement
- Alert operations management of service and safety issues immediately as they occur
- Shipment processing complies 100% with Transport of Dangerous Goods requirements
- Bilingual in French and English
- Ownership of Cargo Van (respecting DHL standards) for use on the job.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Valid Class 5 or G License
- Minimum 1 year commercial driving experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Supply current drivers abstract, and meet requirements outlined in the CBA.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven Customer Service skills.
- Ability to lift and carry parcels, up to and including 70 lbs per piece, throughout shift as per CBA.
All applicants are required to pass interviews, a criminal background check in order to qualify for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.