EMPLOYER: Loch Cameron Waterski Training Centre
As a Watersports Instructor you will assist learners in lessons/private water skiing instruction. The majority of your time will be spent in a ski boat, while the remainder of your time may be spent assisting dock staff and/or supervising staff. There will also be a requirement to streamline and direct the learning. Opportunities will exist in the planning and execution of tournaments including providing familiarization sets prior to tournaments and management of the dock at the time of the tournaments. We are looking for experience, professionalism and enthusiasm for all members of our team.
The Waterski Coach/ Instructor will report to the Club President, who will not be on site the majority of the time. This will require that the candidate have maturity+/-experience in such a role. Experience in course driving and prior instruction in a children's ski camp is required as well.
Located in the lovely and self contained town of Carp, Ontario. Loch Cameron Waterski Training Center offers a world class ski lake and surveyed slalom course. The lake has recently changed hands, having been previously managed by the Ottawa Ski Club. We will try to build on the previous work of the Ottawa Ski Club to bring a competition and training environment to waterskiing in the Ottawa Area.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Experience and interest in waterfront programming in a dedicated ski lake setting.
To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
● To maintain an excellent standard of customer service
● Deliver watersports instruction and operate boats safely following the principles learned in WSWO’s Foundations Course.
● Assist in the preparation, organization, delivery and the running of activities for club members and other learners both on and off the water
● Actively plan and prepare suitable sessions based on experience and ability for all participating in lessons & clinics
● Actively be involved in preparation and execution of tournaments and clinics for learners
● Actively be involved in developing a Rip and Ride program, as per WSWC for the Ottawa area
● To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to and that club members and others are advised on the practical/safe use of all equipment
● To take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all equipment and inspection thereof
● To ensure that the Equipment Storage Center/Change and Bathroom areas and overall property is maintained to a high standard
● The ability to work well, both independently and as part of the team
to be able to identify, report or solve identified potential safety issues
● To be flexible and agile in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by Club owners
● Operate all company vessels with care and accordance with all laws
● Ensuring all COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures are followed to the letter.
● Have read and understood the Ontario Safe Sport Manual
- WSWO Foundations course certification
- First Aid and CPR certification
- PCO (Pleasure Craft Operator) Card
- WSWO single membership
- Experience in course driving and in coaching group children's sessions required
- Must provide a Vulnerable Sector police record check
Salary: 15.00/hour and then commensurate with experience
Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities are invited to apply.
Please send resumes or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org