EMPLOYER: Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
The start date is not accurate, depends on security clearance process.
Salaries range from $78,001.00 to $105,060.00, depending on the level. These positions are currently eligible for a market allowance ranging from $8,366.36 to $12,103.35.
All jobs are in Ottawa, Ontario. This selection process will be used to staff positions within the Edward Drake Building (1929 Ogilvie Road) and the Cyber Centre (1625 Vanier Parkway).
You must clearly demonstrate in your application how you meet these required qualifications:
You must have either one of the following:
- A University degree in a field related to the position, such as (but not limited to): Computer Science, Engineering (e.g. Computer, Software, Electrical), Mathematics
- An acceptable combination of education (i.e. college diploma, professional certification) in a field related to the position (as above) and relevant experience.
The educational program must be recognized in Canada and you must be able to provide proof of education credentials. Students graduating within the next twelve (12) months are eligible to apply.
Programming experience (one or more the following: designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, or improving software) with at least one modern language such as but not limited to Java, C, C++, Python, or modern web languages and frameworks.
- Application Development
Knowledge and ability to design, define, develop, construct, enhance, support, and maintain application software on one or more platforms.
- Knowledge of Information Technology
Possesses a generalist’s knowledge of all areas in IT, including but not limited to: Software application development, data storage systems, IT security, IT architecture, system administration, networking, and telecommunications
- Cognitive Thinking Skills
Responding to challenges with innovative solutions, products, or services by questioning conventional means, using intuition, experimentation & fresh perspectives; understanding, analyzing, synthesizing, and relating complex information and abstract variables.
- Working in a Team
Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills & working cooperatively and effectively within & across organizational units to achieve common goals.
- Change and Innovation
Create a culture where flexibility & openness to new ideas are encouraged. Lead transformation with courage & conviction.
- Have no criminal record
- Be a Canadian Citizen (dual citizens included)
- Be eligible for a Top Secret security clearance
- Be willing to comply with CSE’s own security policies and standards
You should clearly demonstrate in your application any specialized expertise that apply to you, as it will be used to determine best fit within CSE.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies
- Knowledge of Modern Software Development Architectures
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Knowledge of Databases
- Knowledge of Software Reverse Engineering
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Research
Candidates may be assessed on one or more of the following asset competencies:
- Knowledge of the Software Development Process
- Cyber Security
- Data Storage Design
- Data Administration & Management
- Infrastructure / Platforms
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of the Quality Assurance Process
- Knowledge of Software Reverse Engineering
- Project Management
- System Integration
- Telecommunications (Data & Voice) Networks
- Web Design and Development
- Geospatial Systems Technology
- Interactive Communication
- Achieving Results
- Integrity, Respect & Awareness
- Lead & Motivate
- Strategy and Vision
How to Apply
Go to www.cse-cst.gc.ca
Please include two references (2 supervisors) at the bottom of your application. Failure to do so will result in your application being screened out of the selection process.
If you cannot apply online or have a disability preventing you from applying online, please inform us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date.
What to Expect
- A written test will be administered to candidates who successfully pass the application review. It will be used as a screening tool. Make sure to check your spam/junk mailbox regularly for notification of the test.
- Interview(s) will follow for candidates who are successful on the written test. You can request that the process be conducted in the official language of your choice. CSE offers an assessment process which will accommodate any measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Those measures are available to all candidates for further assessment. Related information received will be addressed confidentially. If you may need such accommodation, please advise us.
- References will only be contacted for candidates who have successfully completed the interview(s).
- Candidates will be required to complete the security process as part of the global assessment, which involves a security interview, a polygraph test, a psychological assessment, and a background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications. Information regarding this process can be found on CSE's website.
The entire selection process – tests, interviews, security investigation – may take more than one year to complete.
If you are deemed to be unsuccessful in the assessment process for this particular selection process, you may reapply in twelve (12) months.
START DATE: 04/07/2022