EMPLOYER: High Tech Genesis
We are looking for a Data Engineer, with Python fluency and dedication to code quality. As for Python, we are after proficiency in object-oriented and test-driven development, as well as hands-on experience with scientific computing packages in Python (such as Pandas and NumPy).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in building large-scale, high performance, high availability software systems in a distributed Linux environment
- Strong computer science fundamentals such as algorithms, data structures, etc.
- Fluency and facility with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Scala, R, Julia, Go
- Experience with big data technologies, particularly Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, and Hadoop ecosystem
- Working experience with microservices, container and streaming technologies
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data from varying sources
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of internal technology teams and business teams
- Is dedicated to Quality - we're seeking someone who achieves a high standard of SW quality
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches, operations research and optimization algorithms
- Exposure to machine learning, deep learning and neural networks
- Passion for answering hard questions with data
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Note 4: Please submit a MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Please forward a MS Word version of your resume to:email@example.com
START DATE: 04/29/2021