EMPLOYER: Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
Start date is approximate dependent on security process.
Salaries range from $70,269.00 to $91,764.00, depending on the level. These positions are currently eligible for a market allowance ranging from $5,809.98 to $8,366.36. Salary ranges and market allowance are currently under review.
All jobs are in Ottawa, Ontario. For more information on location, please visit the following link: https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/culture-and-community/life-cse/where-we-work. These location meet current accessibility standards.
You must clearly demonstrate in your application how you meet these required qualifications:
You must have one of the following:
- A University degree* in a field related to the position, such as (but not limited to) Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- A college diploma* in a field related to the position.
- An acceptable combination of education and experience relevant to the position.
*The educational program must be recognized in Canada and you must be able to provide proof of education credentials. Students graduating within the next twelve (12) months are eligible to apply.
We are looking for people with training and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- System administration which may include, but not limited to operating systems, software, server, storage, and appliance administration in a networked environment.
- Desktop administration which may include but not limited to, all aspects of endpoint computing/deskside computing, operating systems and peripherals in a networked environment.
Mandatory for both levels
- IT User Support / Help Desk
Applies his/her in-depth technical knowledge of a specific application, system or business process to support users who have questions or who are experiencing difficulties, errors or system failures and to keep the IT environment functioning efficiently, effectively and securely.
- Infrastructure / Platforms
Knowledge and ability to support the enterprise computing infrastructure (e.g. enterprise servers, storage devices and systems, hardware and software) in the provision, management, storage, operation, scheduling, support and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Information Technology
Generalist’s knowledge of all areas in IT, including but not limited to: Software Application Development, Database Management, IT Security, IT Architecture, System Administration.
Mandatory for both levels
- Cognitive Thinking Skills
Responding to challenges with innovative solutions, products, or services by questioning conventional means, using intuition, experimentation & fresh perspectives; understanding, analyzing, synthesizing, and relating complex information and abstract variables.
- Working in a Team
Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills & working cooperatively and effectively within & across organizational units to achieve common goals.
- Interactive Communication
Communicating in a compelling, honest, persuasive, effective and articulate manner, thinking about who you need to communicate with, ensuring the message is clear, understood & consistent with CSE objectives.
Mandatory for both levels
- Achieving Results
Deliver on commitments through actions that reflect personal accountability, sound judgement, decisiveness & business acumen.
- Change and Innovation
Create a culture where flexibility and openness to new ideas are encouraged. Lead transformation with courage and conviction.
You should clearly demonstrate in your application any specialized expertise that apply to you, as it will be used to determine which team you could best complement within CSE.
- Experience working with and/or supporting Cloud infrastructure and virtualization technologies (such as VMWare, OpenStack or Hyper-V).
- Experience with IT Automation and Orchestration (such as Docker, Kubernetes, scripting, Puppet and/or Ansible).
- Experience networking in a data center environment including, IP networking, cabling, switch, and firewall configuration.
- Experience configuring and supporting storage systems.
- Experience interacting with clients to resolve incidents or implement changes with respect to enterprise systems.
- Experience with system administration of Linux or Windows operating systems on enterprise infrastructure or desktop environments and peripherals.
- Experience in preparing, implementing and supporting desktop systems including system imaging, deploying and patching.
- Experience working in aspects of Cyber Security.
- Experience writing and maintaining scripts in Bash or Python or Powershell.
- Experience with Unified Communication (VTC, VoIP, SIP etc.).
- Experience with working with /administration of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
Candidates may be assessed on one or more of the following asset competencies:
- IT Service Management Processes
Knowledge and ability to implement the methods, practices and policies governing the design, development and use of the IT support processes designed to keep the IT environment functioning efficiently, effectively and securely.
- System Integration
You can incrementally integrate and test components and systems and their interfaces in a logical fashion to create operational systems.
- Telecommunications (Data and Voice) Networks
You possess the knowledge and ability to implement the methods and practices governing the design, analysis, development, management and use of the hardware and software used to transfer information such as data, voice, images, and video.
- Project Management
You are able to deliver on your commitments and contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring and completing of projects, ensuring effective management of scope, resources, time, cost, quality, risk and communications.
Identifies & responds to current & future client needs; provides service that meets or exceeds clients’ expectations.
- Integrity, Respect and Awareness
Create & promote a culture of integrity, transparency, fairness & respect. Recognize one’s own areas of personal & professional strength as well as areas for development & is committed to continuous learning to enhance self-awareness.
Who Can Apply
You must be a Canadian citizen, be eligible for a Top Secret security clearance and be willing to comply with CSE’s own security policies and standards.
You must have no criminal record. The screening process involves a
- security interview
- polygraph test
- psychological assessment
- background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications.
How to Apply
Go to our website https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/