Are you seeking a rewarding career in the home health care sector? ParaMed is adding Support Workers to our team in the Orleans, ON area! ParaMed Support Workers can come from an accredited PSW institution or another equivalent training program in the health care sector (DSW, internationally trained healthcare provider, nursing students, etc.). As a Support Worker with ParaMed, you will follow a care plan to provide personal care and grooming assistance, mobility assistance, companionship, dietary assistance, and household task assistance to patients. ParaMed Support Workers are supervised by regulated health care professionals and follow ParaMed's policies and procedures to provide exceptional care and service to our patients. Care and service provided by ParaMed's front-line support our mission to Redefine Care as Canada's leading home health care service provider.
ParaMed Support Workers are currently receiving an additional $3.00/hour wage enhancement from the provincial government to supplement regular earnings.
How to Qualify:
- Do you have a PSW (Personal Support Worker), HSW (Home Support Worker) certificate, Developmental Service Worker Diploma, Paramedic Diploma, 1st year of Nursing completed or are an internationally trained Nurse or Doctor? If so, we want to hear from you! These credentials can get you working in community health care as a support worker today!
- Experience in providing personal care to patients is required (placement experience will also be considered)
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language (orally and in writing)
- Access to a vehicle and a valid license is strongly preferred; a willingness to travel within a designated area to perform patient visits is required
- Ability to work a set schedule on a part-time or full-time basis including every other weekend
- Empathy, reliability and compassion in interacting with patients and patient families
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and to meet the physical demands of a Support Worker position including periods of sitting, standing, walking, reaching, and crouching
Why Join our Team?
- Comprehensive compensation package which includes mileage compensation, health & dental benefits, employee assistance program, tuition and paid-training program access, employee discounts and more
- Support from regulated health care professionals fo training, leadership, and ongoing support
- Attractive scheduling and work-life balance
- Immediate start dates
- Local patients to limit traveling
Join our team today to make a difference in your community!
This is a Unionized Position: LiUNA Local 3000
Union Classification: PSS (Personal Support Services)
Salary: LHIN funded PSS Rates as per the Collective Agreement
Location: City of Ottawa, ON
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for with Disabilities Act and Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of hiring process.
START DATE: 06/21/2021