EMPLOYER: Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
START DATE IS APPROXIMATE, DEPENDENT ON SECURITY SCREENING***
Communications Security Establishment (CSE) is Canada's national cryptologic agency. Unique within Canada's security and intelligence community, we employ code-makers, codebreakers, and secure system creators to provide the Government of Canada with cybersecurity and foreign signals intelligence (SIGINT) services. CSE is the national hub for cyber operations to defend Canada and advance national interests. We provide technical and operational assistance to federal law enforcement and security agencies.
We’re looking for passionate people from a diverse range of backgrounds, who will thrive working in an open-minded environment and value the different perspectives of others.
CSE is currently looking for radio frequency (RF) engineers to work in a dynamic and innovative operational environment. As an RF Engineer, you will work on critical projects which will have a significant impact on Canada’s security posture (including Cyber Security and SIGINT) and ensuring the safety of Canadians. We are looking for engineers to constantly strive for better solutions to keep our country safe, as well as to collaborate with partners, colleagues, and teams on complex technical problems. You should be someone who enjoys a challenging career and desires to learn new technologies, create innovate solutions and constantly evolve your expertise.
UNI-09 level: $89, 304 - $105, 060 per year
These positions are currently eligible for a market allowance, for an additional $12,103.35 per year.
All jobs are in Ottawa, Ontario. For more information on location, please visit the following link: https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/culture-and-community/life-cse/where-we-work. These location meet current accessibility standards.
Area of selection:
Open to persons residing in the National Capital Region. Preference may be given to Federal Public Service employees.
You must clearly demonstrate in your application how you meet these required qualifications:
You must have either one of the following:
- A University degree* in a field related to the position, such as (but not limited to) Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or Systems Engineering.
- An acceptable combination of education in a field related to the position (as above), and relevant experience.
*The educational program must be recognized in Canada and you must be able to provide proof of education credentials. Students graduating within the next twelve (12) months are eligible to apply.
- Significant* and recent** experience with RF circuit design, layout, simulation and testing
- Significant* and recent** experience with antenna design and evaluation
- Significant* and recent** experience using common lab equipment (spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, signal analyzers, power meters, etc.) to evaluate RF equipment
- Experience in analyzing complex technical scenarios, performing options analysis and providing a recommended course of action, including operational guidance.
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary teams
* ’Significant’ refers to 4+ years of relevant experience.
** ‘Recent’ refers to experience in the last 7 years.
- Applied Engineering
Applying engineering concepts to the development of hardware, software, firmware solutions to address problems.
- Engineering Principles and Processes
Possesses knowledge of engineering principles and processes to provide comprehensive engineering solutions.
- Signals/Protocol Analysis
Applying understanding of electronics and telecommunications systems to identify and resolve problematic signals and protocols from analog and digital data.
- System Integration
The incremental and logical integration and testing of components and/or subsystems and their interfaces in order to create operational systems.
Effectively plan, organize & manage their time & activities to deliver high quality & efficient performance.
- Cognitive Thinking Skills
Responding to challenges with innovative solutions, products, or services by questioning conventional means, using intuition, experimentation & fresh perspectives; understanding, analyzing, synthesizing, and relating complex information and abstract variables.
Identifies & responds to current & future client needs; provides service that meets or exceeds clients’ expectations.
- Working in a Team
Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills & working cooperatively and effectively within & across organizational units to achieve common goals.
- Achieving Results
Deliver on commitments through actions that reflect personal accountability, sound judgement, decisiveness & business acumen.
- Change and Innovation
Create a culture where flexibility and openness to new ideas are encouraged. Lead transformation with courage and conviction.
Build relationships with traditional & non-traditional partners & stakeholders to develop solutions that reflect the interests of the organization.
- Integrity, Respect and Awareness
Create & promote a culture of integrity, transparency, fairness & respect. Recognize one’s own areas of personal & professional strength as well as areas for development & is committed to continuous learning to enhance self-awareness.
You should clearly demonstrate in your application any specialized expertise that apply to you, as it will be used to determine which team you could best complement within CSE.
- Experience with Ansys HFSS or equivalent software packages.
- Experience with antenna prototyping and modification.
- Knowledge of software-defined radio systems.
Who Can Apply
You must be a Canadian citizen, be eligible for a Top Secret security clearance and be willing to comply with CSE’s own security policies and standards.
You must have no criminal record. The screening process involves a
- security interview
- polygraph test
- psychological assessment
- background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications.
How to Apply
You may submit your candidacy online through the website https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/
You will need to provide a plain text cover letter and resume. The cover letter and resume should not exceed 4 pages in total and have less than 3000 words.
If you cannot apply online or have a disability preventing you from applying online, please inform us by contacting email@example.com prior to the closing date of this selection process. CSE offers an assessment process that will accommodate any reasonable measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Those measures are available to all candidates for further assessment. Related information received will be addressed confidentially. If you may need such accommodation, please advise us.
CSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment and we encourage candidates to self-declare as members of the following designated employment equity groups: Women, Indigenous peoples, Persons living with disabilities (including learning disabilities, developmental disabilities and all other types of disabilities), and Members of visible minority groups.
What to Expect
- The process will be conducted in the official language of your choice.
- A test will be administered to candidates who successfully pass the application review. It will be used as a screening tool. Make sure to check your spam/junk mailbox regularly for notification of the test.
- Interview(s) will follow for candidates who are successful on the test.
- References (2 supervisors) will be requested from candidates who successfully complete the interview stage.
- Candidates will be required to complete the security process as part of the global assessment. More information regarding this process can be found on CSE's website.
The entire selection process – tests, interviews, security investigation – may take more than one year to complete. If you are deemed to be unsuccessful in the assessment process for this particular selection process, you may reapply in twelve (12) months.
START DATE: 07/04/2022