EMPLOYER: Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
START DATE IS APPROXIMATE, DEPENDENT ON SECURITY SCREENING PROCESS ***
Communications Security Establishment (CSE) is Canada's national cryptologic agency. Unique within Canada's security and intelligence community, CSE employs code-makers, codebreakers, and secure system creators to provide the Government of Canada with cybersecurity and foreign signals intelligence (SIGINT) services. CSE is the national hub for cyber operations to defend Canada and advance national interests, as well as providing technical and operational assistance to federal law enforcement and security agencies.
CSE is currently looking for many software integrators of all experience levels to work in a diverse and innovative operational environment. As a software integrator, you will work on meaningful projects which will have a significant impact on Canada’s security posture (including IT Security and SIGINT) and ensuring the safety of Canadians.
We are looking for junior, intermediate, and senior software integrators as we constantly strive for better solutions to keep our country safe, seek to learn more about the cyber challenge around us, and collaborate with partners, colleagues, and teams on complex problems.
Ideal candidates are interested in applying and expanding their current knowledge and can work with a team to bring together systems and subsystems into a whole and ensure that those function well together. They will be required to perform design analysis of software programs so that they integrate with specific systems and offer technical support and system maintenance.
Salaries range from $78,001.00 to $105,060.00, depending on the level. These positions are currently eligible for a market allowance ranging from $8,366.36 to $12,103.35.
All jobs are in Ottawa, Ontario. For more information on location, please visit the following link: https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/culture-and-community/life-cse/where-we-work. These location meet current accessibility standards.
You must clearly demonstrate in your application how you meet these required qualifications:
You must have either one of the following:
- A College or University degree in a field related to the position, such as (but not limited to): Software Engineering Technician, Computer System Technology, Computer Science, Engineering (e.g. Computer, Software, Electrical), Mathematics
- An acceptable combination of professional training (professional certification) in a field related to the position (as above) and relevant experience.
* If you have graduated less than three years ago you will be asked to provide a copy of your transcript.
**The educational program must be recognized in Canada, and you must be able to provide proof of education credentials. Students graduating within the next twelve (12) months are eligible to apply.
- Experience with design documentation, configuration management and software deployment to support the system.
- Experience in system/software installation and integration of components and/or sub-systems.
- Experience with problem solving and resolving product technical issues.
- Experience with systems maintenance.
*Recent graduates should note that personal, college or university projects are considered experience.
Competencies will be used to assess which level candidates may qualify for.
- Infrastructure / Platforms
Knowledge and ability to support the enterprise computing infrastructure (e.g. enterprise servers, client server, storage devices and systems, hardware and software) in the provision, management, storage, operation, scheduling, support and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Information Technology
Possesses a generalist’s knowledge of all areas in IT, including but not limited to: Software application development, data storage systems, IT security, IT architecture, system administration, networking, and telecommunications.
- System Integration
The incremental and logical integration and testing of components and/or subsystems and their interfaces in order to create operational systems.
- Cognitive Thinking Skills
Responding to challenges with innovative solutions, products, or services by questioning conventional means, using intuition, experimentation and fresh perspectives; understanding, analyzing, synthesizing, and relating complex information and abstract variables.
- Working in a Team
Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills and working cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
- Achieving Results
Deliver on commitments through actions that reflect personal accountability, sound judgement, decisiveness, and business acumen.
You should clearly demonstrate in your application any specialized expertise that apply to you, as it will be used to determine which team you could best complement within CSE.
Having no asset qualifications does not reduce your chances of getting hired. CSE has a large number of positions to fill.
- Experience in technical mentoring and training.
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of distributed event streaming platform such as but not limited to (KAFKA).
- Knowledge of advanced search technologies including but not limited to (Elastic, Splunk, Spark).
- Knowledge of Object Storage for Hybrid Clouds such as but not limited to (min.io).
- Knowledge of Open-source multi-cluster orchestration platform such as but not limited to (Rancher).
- Knowledge of automation deployment tools such as but not limited to (Ansible)
- Knowledge of event monitoring and alerting tools such as but not limited to (Prometheus)
- Knowledge of software build engineering such as creating build and release strategies, plans or scripts.
Candidates may be assessed on one or more of the following asset competencies:
- Knowledge of the Software Development Process
- Cyber Security
- Data Storage Design
- Data Administration & Management
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of the Quality Assurance Process
- Knowledge of Software Reverse Engineering
- Project Management
- Telecommunications (Data & Voice) Networks
- Web Design and Development
- Geospatial Systems Technology
- Interactive Communication
- Change and Innovation
- Integrity, Respect and Awareness
- Lead and Motivate
- Strategy and Vision
Who Can Apply
You must be a Canadian citizen, be eligible for a Top Secret security clearance and be willing to comply with CSE’s own security policies and standards.
You must have no criminal record. The screening process involves a
- security interview
- polygraph test
- psychological assessment
- background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications.
How to Apply
You may submit your candidacy online through the website https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/
If you cannot apply online or have a disability preventing you from applying online, please inform us by contacting email@example.com prior to the closing date of this selection process. CSE offers an assessment process that will accommodate any reasonable measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Those measures are available to all candidates for further assessment. Related information received will be addressed confidentially. If you may need such accommodation, please advise us.
CSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment and we encourage candidates to self-declare as members of the following designated employment equity groups: Women, Indigenous peoples, Persons living with disabilities (including learning disabilities, developmental disabilities and all other types of disabilities), and Members of visible minority groups.
What to Expect
- The process will be conducted in the official language of your choice.
- Interview(s) will follow for candidates who are successful on an application screening. Make sure to check your spam/junk mailbox regularly.
- References (2 supervisors) will be requested from candidates who successfully complete the interview stage.
- Candidates will be required to complete the security process as part of the global assessment. More information regarding this process can be found on CSE's website.
The entire selection process – tests, interviews, security investigation – may take more than one year to complete.
If you are deemed to be unsuccessful in the assessment process for this particular selection process, you may reapply in twelve (12) months.
START DATE: 07/04/2022