EMPLOYER: Ukrainian Credit Union
Markets the credit union’s products and services by promoting, up selling and cross selling a full range of lending and investment vehicles. Actively solicits new sales opportunities through warm and cold calling potential community businesses as well as through staff referrals. Maintains a high profile within the branch trading area and actively seeks out opportunities to build and foster relationships with members, non-members and business contacts. Champions the credit unions sales culture by demonstrating exemplary sales skills, especially during all branch campaigns and promotions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously promote, recommend and explain digital services to members.
- Provide good financial advice by identifying services members need and explain it to them.
- Identifies opportunities to promote, up sell and cross sell the credit union deposit and investment products including, current accounts, term deposits, registered plans, mutual funds, insurance products, safety deposit boxes, teleservice, member card equity plans and bonds.
- Identifies opportunities to promote, up sell and cross sell credit union lending products including consumer loans, mortgages, lines of credit and credit cards; assists with appropriate application form.
- Qualifies all loan and mortgage opportunities by conducting member interviews, analyzing relevant financial information, verifying loan application information and investigating other variables affecting loan viability.
- Declines/approves loans and mortgages within discretionary limits; makes recommendations for approvals/declines to next level management if outside discretionary limits.
- Processes all appropriate documents associated with the sale of savings and investment products.
- Prepares all loan applications and ensures instructions outlining the loan conditions are clearly laid out on check list (i.e., loan type, interest rate, securities, searches, liens, administration fees) for appropriate loan documentation.
- Processes all appropriate documents associated with loans and mortgage approval including, insurance and cheque disbursements; liaises with all relevant agents such as home inspectors and lawyers.
- Develops a procedure for early identification of problem accounts and promptly takes action to minimize risk; initiates ‘soft’ collection activity by following up delinquent accounts.
- Develops a procedure to identify investment, loan and mortgage renewals; initiates contact with member to maintain accounts and relationships.
- Contributes to the overall business objectives of the credit union by executing the branch marketing program to attain loan, deposit, sundry product, and member growth within the objectives set out in the business plan; keeps up to date on target status.
- Manages treasury function including opening cash drawers, monitoring cash, ordering or sending out cash when appropriate; orders foreign currency, money orders and traveler’s cheques. Ensures cash drawers are accurate at all times and balanced at the end of each business day.
- Contributes to the overall business objectives of the credit union by executing the branch marketing program to attain loan, deposit, sundry product, and member growth within the objectives set out in the business plan; keeps up to date on target status. Ensures branch staff is kept up to date and well informed on products and services as well as all aspects of cross selling, relationship building, sales and service standards.
- Supervises directly all branch staff; working in conjunction with next level management, provides leadership to develop and sustain an effective branch team by coaching staff to ensure business objectives are achieved, implementing training and development programs, identifying and acting on staff growth opportunities, demonstrating product knowledge and professionalism. Ensures established performance standards are followed and provides input to staff performance evaluations; working closely with next level management, disciplines, when necessary; monitors all branch activities to ensure awareness of operational problems and successes. Ensures staff is knowledgeable of and kept up to date on, all credit union policies and procedures.
- Provides approval on investment certificate applications and certified cheques. Provides over-rides and removes holds on accounts, as required.
- Represents the credit union in the community by participating in local business activities and community functions, as required by management and for business development purposes.
- Maintains strict adherence to credit union and branch operating procedures, lending policies and security procedures with respect to assigned authorities and responsibilities; reports any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to next level management upon discovery.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by next level management as, and when, required. This may include processing Estate Accounts, producing reports, assisting members with regular transactions and supervising Member Service staff.
Post-secondary with study in Finance and Accounting an asset.
Experience and Skills
- 1-3 years experience as a Member Service Representative; able to demonstrate: knowledge of member life cycle needs; knowledge of features and benefits of lending, investment, and deposit products; knowledge of interviewing solicitation and telemarketing skills.
- Computer literate – Word, Excel; Comfortable embracing new technologies
- Bilingual – English and Ukrainian preferred
- This position interacts with credit union members, all branch positions and members of the community, including the business community within the branch trade area.
- This position plays a role in transferring skills and knowledge to others.
- A standard office environment is provided however due to the nature of the business, there is risk of exposure to hold-ups and threats.
- Travel to various credit union and meeting locations within the province may be required.
- Concentration is required when working with computer systems.
- Regular interruptions by staff and members (unscheduled appointments)
- Required to assist with branch housekeeping
START DATE: 07/05/2021