EMPLOYER: Eq'Ouest Stables
Come work with us!
Eq’Ouest stables is a growing equestrian farm in in Dunrobin, Ontario (part of rural West Ottawa, minutes from public transportation). Eq’Ouest is proud to develop, coach, and empower riders of all ages, abilities & creeds; we are committed to providing a wholesome and empowering experience to anyone trains, coaches, boards, or visits here.
Currently, we offer animal boarding, animal wellness programs & equestrian rider coaching. We are in a season of massive growth, bringing in summer and youth camps and farm tours! If you are someone who loves animals, the outdoors, and is a self-starter who loves to be part of an exciting project, we would love to hear from you!
The intention of this position is to provide general care, maintenance, and upkeep of the barn, stables, and surrounding work areas.
- This is position was specifically created for the Canada Summer Jobs program 2021.
- A qualified candidate will be attending high school or post-secondary school in a farming/agriculture or equestrian related program (preferred).
- Applicants must be able to lift and carry more than 25kg. Applicants must be able to work an environment where they are regularly walking, standing, twisting, lifting and in the outdoors. Barns can be smelly, too!
- Experience with large farm animals, or other related experience is considered an asset, but not a requirement.
- Candidate must have demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to apply: Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume with cover letter via indeed. All applications must be submitted by June 30, 2021 to be considered.
Eq’Ouest welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are a barrier-free employer and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We are happy to accept applications from groups of people who are underrepresented or have additional barriers to the labour market. This includes but is not limited to Visible Minorities/Racialized Youth, Indigenous Youth, New Immigrants/Refugees, LGBTQ2 Youth, and Youth who have not previously been employed. Please note: you do not have to disclose your status as any of these groups of people in your application.
If you require an accommodation at any point during the interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
START DATE: 07/05/2021