EMPLOYER: Town of Arnprior
The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along the four-lane Trans Canada Highway just past the Ottawa border and is the first major stop in the Ottawa Valley. We offer the conveniences of an urban town with the beauty of nature that comes with being Where the Rivers Meet. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team and like to help make a difference in supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for the Manager of Finance position for which we are currently recruiting.
Reporting to the General Manager, Client Services/Treasurer, the Manager of Finance is responsible for managing the Town’s Finance Branch.
The primary responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supervise, train and mentor finance staff and ensure accurate and timely processing of financial data including cash receipting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, bank reconciliation, property taxation and utility billing.
- Provide financial content support for departments, CAO and Council.
- Coordinate the overall day-to-day financial operations and reporting requirements of the Corporation.
- Assist with the preparation, monitoring, forecasting and delivery of operating and capital budgets, as well as long-term financial planning strategies.
- Maintain the tangible capital asset inventory and coordinate asset valuation, amortization and reporting.
- Ensure revenues are collected in a timely manner including overseeing past due date collection methods such as Tax Sales, bailiffs, etc.
- Verify the bi-weekly payroll journals for accuracy and completeness; provide back up for processing payroll remittances, benefit administration, OMERS pension reports and WSIB claims; review and approve monthly and year-end reports.
- Prepare working papers for year-end audit, coordinate the preparation of annual financial audit and input data into the Financial Information Return.
- Administer Municipal Insurance procurement and programs by ensuring adequate insurance coverage is maintained.
- Perform the statutory duties of the Deputy Treasurer.
- Undergraduate university degree or college diploma in business administration with an emphasis in accounting or related field.
- Possess or be enrolled in a recognized professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA) or achieved equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ of experience in a related field; commerce, accounting or finance.
- Detail oriented and ability to compile, audit, verify, and research information and data.
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
- Ability to work independently and in a management team environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and possess cultural and political awareness.
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
The following would be considered an asset:
- Previous work experience with municipal government.
- Previous experience supervising and managing staff.
- The Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO) Financial Module 1 and 2Training.
- AMCTO – Executive Diploma in Municipal Management or Certified Municipal Officer (CMO)
START DATE: 07/19/2021