EMPLOYER: Town of Arnprior
The Town of Arnprior is currently inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill dual positions of Lifeguard/Program Staff. This position reports directly to the Pool and Program Supervisor.
The Lifeguard portion of the position will be paid at a wage of $18.22 per hour and the primary responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide guarding during public swims and ensure adequate coverage;
- Provide guarding at designated swimming location(s) of Town beach(es) June through August.
- Assist with the development, instruction and delivery of aquatics programs according to Red Cross/Lifesaving Society standards;
- Answer general enquiries and provide information about pool facilities and related programs;
- Provide general administrative support completing cash reports as required and ensuring deposits are safely secured at end of shift; and
- Conduct basic pool maintenance while adhering to all internal policy and WHMIS legislation.
The Program Staff portion of the position will be paid at a wage of $14.25 per hour and the primary responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform direct instruction and leadership for a variety of recreational and sports programs offered by the Nick Smith Centre. This could include programs such as public skating, volleyball, ball hockey, and holiday/special camps;
- Assist with special events set up, operation and tear down, assisting members of the public with directions or enquiries, preparing and operating activities for the day, and grounds control; and
- Provide ongoing customer service to participants of the Town programming.
The successful candidate will have as a minimum the following qualifications:
- Enjoy working with children and persons of all ages.
- Must be sixteen (16) years of age or older.
- Must have a current First Aid and CPR-AED certification, and posses National Lifeguard Service and Red Cross/Lifesaving Society Instructor certifications.
- Prior experience or volunteering in the facilitation of sports, recreational or instructional programs for a wide range of ages is an asset.
- Position requires a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check prior to hire.
START DATE: 08/09/2021