EMPLOYER: Maison Decision House
Maison Decison House - Ottawa, ON
$15.50 – 18.50 an hour –Part Time
• Using the logbook to sign clients in/out
• Conducting hourly rounds to ensure that clients are following house rules and regulations. In addition, ensuring that all clients are accountable for
• Logging all rounds, phone calls, and ingresses/ egresses of both clients and visitors
• Ensure that house chores are assigned and being completed. Clients are aware that they have house chores and it is their responsibility to maintain the cleanliness of the house.
• New resident's intake, if arrival anticipated in the evening
• Conduct urinalysis testing (Once you have been trained to do so)
• Write daily observation notes of all clients
• Write up incident reports when a situation arises
• Itemizing of client's belongings when needed
• Ensure that all safety equipment is in proper working order (fire alarms, door and window alarms, personal panic button alarms, and exit lights)
• Maintain awareness of resident behavior and note accordingly
• Maintain discipline and ensure that rules and regulation of Maison Decision House are respected.
DESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Generally looking for someone with at least a college degree, military or police experience or experience in the field of corrections or security
• Must be able to pass a Reliability Level Security Clearance
• Possess a valid First Aid CPR Level C & AED (or be able to get one ASAP)
• Police Foundations or Correction students accepted.
• The ability to understand the dynamics of offenders' behaviour and assess their risks and needs
• The skills to counsel offender, form effective relationships, and gain trust
• The skills to understand the use of authority in supervison and intervene in crisis situations
• The skills in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing
• The ability to understand cultural differences.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary: $15.50 to 18.50/hour
START DATE: 07/20/2021