EMPLOYER: TownePlace Marriott Ottawa Kanata
TownePlace Marriott Ottawa Kanata
The hotel is currently looking for a hard working team player to fill the position of Guest Room Attendant. The Guest Room Attendant performs routine duties in the cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and bathrooms under supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor and/or the Executive Housekeeper. The Guest Room Attendant is expected to promote a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and able to address guest requests and problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager
- Enters and prepares the room for cleaning;
- Makes the bed(s) according to hotel standards;
- Replenishes guestroom and bath supplies;
- Delivers and retrieves items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards;
- Performs rotation cleaning duties (e.g. steam clean carpets, spring cleaning, super cleaning etc.) as required;
- Maintains work area and equipment according to hotel standards;
- Attends to guest calls, guest requests /guest complaints in the area assigned to him;
- Follows standard operating procedures;
- Is responsible for achieving and exceeding guest satisfaction.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Live the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging team player who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Participate in a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English with excellent communication skills;
- Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 25 pounds with assistance;
- Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and uneven surfaces;
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping;
- Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift;
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination;
- Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays as required.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Kim Truong at email@example.com
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.
START DATE: 08/01/2021