EMPLOYER: Town of Arnprior
The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along the four-lane Trans Canada Highway just past the Ottawa border and is the first major stop in the Ottawa Valley. We offer the conveniences of an urban town with the beauty of nature that comes with being Where the Rivers Meet. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team and like to help make a difference in supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for the Labourer position for which we are currently recruiting.
The Labourer is a full-time unionized position and reports directly to the Supervisor, Roads & Services. The primary responsibilities for this position include (but not limited to) the following:
- Operate winter maintenance equipment for road and sidewalk snow plowing, salting, and snow removal.
- Maintenance of road surfaces, sidewalks, boulevards, curbs and lighting.
- Operating and maintaining equipment and machinery.
- Installation, maintenance and/or operation of storm water and drainage facilities, Municipal cemeteries, trees and signage.
- Assist in addressing public enquiries, concerns, requests and complaints as required; and
- Perform data entry, record keeping and complete reports as necessary.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of:
- High school diploma
- Previous experience in the operation and maintenance of heavy equipment and machinery.
- Valid DZ license.
- Have knowledge of practices and methods applicable to civil construction and construction materials and their use.
- Candidates must be physically fit, capable of performing heavy physical labour, and able to work in extreme weather conditions.
START DATE: 09/14/2021