EMPLOYER: Town of Arnprior
The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along the four-lane Trans Canada Highway just past the Ottawa border and is the first major stop in the Ottawa Valley. We offer the conveniences of an urban town with the beauty of nature that comes with being Where the Rivers Meet. If you are interested inworking with a dynamic team and like to help make a difference in supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for the Marina Dock Hand & Gasoline Attendant position for which we are currently recruiting.
The Marina Dock Hand & Gasoline Attendant is a temporary seasonal position reporting directly to the Operations Supervisor within the Operations Department. The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide customer service to the general public and seasonal/transient boaters by assisting users with the facilities and tying up and casting off boats;
- Answer general enquiries and provide information about Marina facilities, rates, Town services, events, amenities and tourist attractions;
- Collect and monitor receipt of payments for gasoline, dock, transient slips and boat launches;
- Maintain records, filling in registration forms and submitting daily reports;
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Marina grounds and buildings and perform weekly yard work;
- Assist with the annual set up and tear down of the Marina; and
- Perform inspections of Marina grounds, surrounding waterfront areas, property and facilities and undertake minor repairs, painting and maintenance as required.
The Marina season goes until October and is subject to weather and water level conditions.
The successful candidate shall have current Standard First Aid, CPR-AED certification, previous experience in customer service and handling cash, a demonstrated ability to work independently and unsupervised, and the ability to obtain a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check prior to hire in accordance with Town policy. Previous experience with gas handling would be an asset.
START DATE: 08/23/2021