EMPLOYER: Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
Family Resource Worker – EarlyON Child and Family Centre
Full Time Indeterminate – Monday To Friday
Flexibility in working hours required
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Family Resource Worker is responsible for coordinating and delivering EarlyON Child and Family Centre parent-child drop-in programming, including: early learning activities, information and referral and parent education with respect to child development and parenting. Drop-ins are delivered at our main site in Kanata as well as in our outreach locations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Early Childhood Education diploma with registration at the College of Early Childhood Educators;
- Minimum of 2 years direct work experience in an early learning environment, working with children 0-6, parents and care providers;
- Experience working in partnership with other early years providers in a service integration model/framework;
- Knowledge of early years development and family resource programs;
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills;
- Proven conflict resolution skills;
- Experience working with volunteers;
- Proven ability to work independently, and within a team approach;
- Strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and serve the needs of diverse communities.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to communicate fluently in French is an asset.
- Additional language abilities an asset.
- Drivers’ license and $2 million in liability insurance is required
- Must have a car as we work rurally
SALARY / HOURS:
- Starting Salary $44,682 per annum
- Evening hours during the week
- Monday to Thursday 12:00-8:00 pm; Friday 8:30-4:30
Please submit your résumé by 11:59 p.m., August 24, 2021 via our ADP career centre.
Please submit all other questions to email@example.com – please note that applications submitted via email will not be considered.
People Services Manager
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court, Kanata, ONT, K2L 4H7
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of resumes received, only those applicants selected for further consideration, will be contacted.
START DATE: 09/01/2021