EMPLOYER: Eastern Ontario Removal Services
Transfer Service Operator
Employment Opportunity - Removal Technician (Full Time)
Eastern Ontario Removal Services (EORS) has been serving the National Capital Region as the
primary server to the funeral service needs since 2003. We are currently the largest and longest
privately owned active service in Ottawa. Our modern unmarked fleet boasts five removal vehicles
professionally equipped and staffed with knowledgeable, courteous and helpful staff. We are well
respected and enjoy a very successful working relationship with all funeral professionals, coroners,
hospitals and police services in Ottawa and beyond. As a team, this company is committed to the
highest level of service and professionalism that can be attained by its employees. Our close
association with many funeral establishments for years have created core values in us that pledge
uncompromised compassion, integrity, respect and dignity. We believe, because of our personal
contact, the impression we leave with family members represents the image and principles of all
Safely and respectfully transport human remains from the place of death to the designated
funeral home. Ensuring all provincial and funeral home specific paperwork is completed.
Maintain company provided vehicles.
• Use of company-owned professional vehicles to safely transport human remains.
• Courteously and professionally interact with bereaved family members; exhibit sensitivity to
environment; minimize conversation and interaction with families.
• Maintain professionalism when entering funeral homes, facilities and private family residences.
• Transports and deliver caskets to airports, care centers, or cemeteries; may assist with moving
• Courier documents, family mementos, or flowers to and from Funeral Home and family’s
• Wash, vacuum, and clean vehicles ensuring vehicle is presentable.
• Fuel vehicles as necessary. Follow safety guidelines. Follow expenditure processes.
• Identify vehicle engine or operating issues to management; drive vehicles for repair or
inspection when required
• Current Ontario Full G issued driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• At least one (1) year work experience in funeral services as a driver or with direct funeral home
interaction strongly preferred but not mandatory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Attention to driving hazards, traffic, and weather conditions
• Ability to lift up to 100 pounds; push/pull up to 250 pounds
• Frequent continuous periods of standing or sitting up to two hours
• Ability to work both indoors and outdoors regardless of weather conditions. Ability to work
weekends and evenings to accommodate business needs
• Ability to effectively self-manage time and resources ensuring work is efficiently completed
• Basic computer skills helpful
• Significant amount of local travel required
For those interested in applying please email your resume to
START DATE: 09/01/2021